HI

Welcome Rickb. I little haeds up, Make sure you are running about 60 before you challenge the Vmax or you will be seeing his back side. Don't want to admit it but stock bike to stock bike the Vmax will take us off the line. Unless the V has a poor pilot on her.
Stay safe and have fun often the R3 is a great bike.

Thanks for the advice. I have been riding for almost 40 years so it's too late in life to get too careless. I do like speed and performance, but I also like being healthy so I am usually pretty cautious. Sometimes it's just knowing what you are capable of doing. I have a Vette, which I have had for 3+ years, and only once have had it over 100, and then I had it up to about 150, just to show a Mercedes what it could do when he was challenging me. What a rush!!!! I figure it will only take once to let my friends know what this bike can do, and then I doubt that they will challenge me again, but I do like the idea of teasing them at first and then smoking them. I do have another question for anyone that can answer - how hard and approximately how much time does it take to relocate the license plate to the side and put on new turn signals? Is ii something that an ordinary Joe can do or should you take it to the Triumph shop?
Rick,

Check out the Custom Mods section, lots of posts on relocating both the plate and turn signals. I do like that big tire showing, but if you are going to run saddle bags make sure you look at where you mount your signals so they don't interfer.

Hey Rickb, I did exhaust mods, Tune-boy, and then put the K&N under the tank. The under tank filter really woke her up!

As far as V-Rods go, I smoked a co-workers 07 [Stock, except for very loud exhaust.] with my friend Amy's 94 Magna. The Magna has aftermarket pipes, jetted carbs, one tooth smaller front sprocket, and a K&N. She loves to catch me napping and blow by me on that thing. "Degredation", she calls it. She always knows what's coming afterward.

Last edited:
Just the under tank filter. I think Pig9r posted some pics of how to do it. Look under custom mods. There is a sticky there about it. I now carry a bunch of tools, some homemade bike jumper cables and tire patch kit with co2 inflater where the stock filter was. Busajack carrys something else in his. Look for a thread called Spike's bar.

Last edited:
Back