Removed lower deflectors - ok, or?

Ok well here is the outcome of that little experiment... I put them back on.. whilst the additional draft was nice in the heat, the buffeting, especially today as it is windy (25mph steady, gusts 40mph) was unacceptable - I could not read signs / focus on stuff; bobbing my head around too much :eek: - so a good lesson learned, but put them back on and things were transformed - for the better! :)

I am thinking about getting a set of the Air wings I noticed they are makeing them for Rocket 3 but by talking to them I have to buy Universal adapter Becall's of engine guards

I have had the Baker air wings on my Rocket for several years, I hate the way they look but I won't take them off because they are so useful. Closed, they keep the legs nice and warm by retaining the engine heat in the winter, and open they wisk the engine heat away in the summer.

They will signficantly cut down or eliminate air resistance on your knees but during the summer your legs will bake with the air wings closed, and I mean BAKE! You might be able to set them up so significant air gets through even when closed, but as you know the Rocket engine puts out a lot of heat, very good in the cold, very bad in the heat.

I figured I could open them up to get more air. I know what you mean about being hot seems that the fan is not quite big enough to keep the radiator cool on a hot day in traffic.

Back