Rear brake recall

The TRIUMPH dealer had called me because I wanted to see a red ROCKET R and one of his customers was there, so I could see the red beauty.
But when I arrived the man with the red-rocket was talking to another one, they were speaking about the problem with the rear-brake and demonstrated that the pedal went down all the way, he had to pump several times till the pedal gave resistance.
The second man said that he had also a Rockt, but a grey GT. He had the same problem with the rear brake and even had bleed the brakes himself.
So I only met 2 new Rocket drivers and both had the rear-brake problem. So I think it is a common problem, and not a "few" problem.

then the dealer should bleed the brakes using the scanner
with out the scanner u will need to bleed over and over. again and again

The TRIUMPH dealer had called me because I wanted to see a red ROCKET R and one of his customers was there, so I could see the red beauty.
But when I arrived the man with the red-rocket was talking to another one, they were speaking about the problem with the rear-brake and demonstrated that the pedal went down all the way, he had to pump several times till the pedal gave resistance.
The second man said that he had also a Rockt, but a grey GT. He had the same problem with the rear brake and even had bleed the brakes himself.
So I only met 2 new Rocket drivers and both had the rear-brake problem. So I think it is a common problem, and not a "few" problem.
It was a relatively common problem on first-year bikes and early speculation was that the brake fluid was getting too hot. That turned out to be false. Triumph found that the bleeding procedure was faulty at the time of manufacture and initiated a recall. I'm not aware of anyone that has had a brake problem after bringing it to the dealer and following the proper recall brake bleeding procedure.

I'm not aware of anyone that has had a brake problem after bringing it to the dealer and following the proper recall brake bleeding procedure.
If that would be the case, then I should buy a red "R". But first I will wait till this problem does not occure anymore.
For the past 24 years I have a nice bike with good brakes, the reason I would change is the power and the Newtonmeters + the modern electrical features like ABS etc. that my lady not has.
So the brakes must be 100% because that is one of the reasons that I would trade.

The brakes on this bike are brilliant in my view. I had the rear brake issue but only slightly, as in the brake pedal was sometimes a little soft, but this was never a problem for me. The other point to note is that the brakes are linked and when using the front brake alone there is some pressure applied to the rear brake, which helps a lot in keeping the bike stable under hard braking.

Back