Rear brake recall

Zutt

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 R
So I just had the 600 mile service, and dealer was supposed to do the rear brake recall. When I picked up the bike, he said my VIN number was not in the recall, so they didn't do it. I told him that I thought even if VIN look up said no need, the recall was for all the bikes, or that's what I thought at least.
He said: not according to Triumph.

Does this make sense? Do some bikes not need the recall?
Thanks.

I just did my first ride of the year today after the makeover and noticed rather quickly that I had no rear brake having to pump it about 3-4 times to get it to work and now it comes up with a OCABS disabled warning.
I did get a letter about the recall earlier this year but up until it was parked up it was fine with no rear brake issues.
I'm just wondering how a setup issue can then lead to a very soft brake without any air ingress after the bike was working fine and then been sitting in the garage for 7 months, just from a technical standpoint I like to know how this happens if any Triumph techs are around.

Mine was same. It's much improved since the service.

Went completely away over the winter. All good after service 4 weeks ago.

Doesn't answer your question but gives you a sense that you are not alone.

Mine was same. It's much improved since the service.

Went completely away over the winter. All good after service 4 weeks ago.

Doesn't answer your question but gives you a sense that you are not alone.
And...?? Is the fix on your rear-brake permanently and completely solved, or does is started slowly again?

I am interested in this as I wanted to buy a "R", but first this rear-brake issue has to be solved for 100%.

And...?? Is the fix on your rear-brake permanently and completely solved, or does is started slowly again?

I am interested in this as I wanted to buy a "R", but first this rear-brake issue has to be solved for 100%.
I was out for 500km's this weekend and my rear brake was fine. No degradation at all. I can't speak for everyone but for me it seems to be fixed.

My service was April 29th. 2021 so I got whatever ECU / map update was available at that time.

not a big deal as long as u have someone that knows how to bleed anti lock brakes with the scanner

When the permanent solution is bleeding the brake + ABS-unit with computer then it will be O.K. (option a)
When the brake-problem is due to the oiltemperature that gets too high and lets the oil boil - then it will be a big problem, because TRIUMPH must relocate or protect the oilreservoir .... (option b)
That is why I am so interested in the problem - i must know which kind of problem with those rear-brakes before ordering one.
I hate to go to the garage or depending on it.

When the permanent solution is bleeding the brake + ABS-unit with computer then it will be O.K. (option a)
When the brake-problem is due to the oiltemperature that gets too high and lets the oil boil - then it will be a big problem, because TRIUMPH must relocate or protect the oilreservoir .... (option b)
That is why I am so interested in the problem - i must know which kind of problem with those rear-brakes before ordering one.
I hate to go to the garage or depending on it.

any air in the brake system will expand when the temp goes up and causes problems.
if u get the air out of the system then u will not have air expanding and displacing brake fluid.
temperature is not the problem
air in the system is a problem.
and just a few new rockets have this problem

and just a few new rockets have this problem
The TRIUMPH dealer had called me because I wanted to see a red ROCKET R and one of his customers was there, so I could see the red beauty.
But when I arrived the man with the red-rocket was talking to another one, they were speaking about the problem with the rear-brake and demonstrated that the pedal went down all the way, he had to pump several times till the pedal gave resistance.
The second man said that he had also a Rockt, but a grey GT. He had the same problem with the rear brake and even had bleed the brakes himself.
So I only met 2 new Rocket drivers and both had the rear-brake problem. So I think it is a common problem, and not a "few" problem.

Back