Re-introduction from Maryland, USA

RoadVenture

.060 Over
Hi all!

I introduced myself some time ago as a person looking to possibly buy a Rocket III. Between then and now I wrecked and got paid off on my Royal Star Venture, sold my Road Star and a lot of accessory and aftermarket parts for both bikes. The end result was that I was in the market, with money. :)

What is all came down to is that I am buying VONBONDS' Cardinal Red RIII. I went over to look it over a couple days ago and we need to straighten up some paperwork, but after that it will be mine. I will then, officially, be a Rocket III owner!

I'm looking forward to it as Tom seems to have kept his (now my) bike in real good condition and the weather hasn't become cold or wet enough for the road crews to start spreading the salt.

dave
bel air, MD

Attachments

• rocketsacrossamerica_029.jpg
    rocketsacrossamerica_029.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
So now T. finally "did" sell the unit, after extensive consideration some time back and the decision "not" to sell it. Well, there goes the next "R's across America" with T. being involved.

Keep in touch Vonbonds, and take good care of the family.

Unless you are getting ready for a new girlfriend, maybe a classic?

See ya.

Transfering the Title

We're glad you not only made the logical choice..... but happy you helped Tom liquidate easily. He and I rode together for part of the 1st Annual RAA and I can tell you that your acquisition runs real smooth over 120 mph. Have Tom also transfer his Captain's title when you close the deal.

Tom...... Keep in touch from time to time. It was a blast having you as my wingman!

Good choice in bikes. Tom has a lot of junk, oops, I mean extra's with the bike that I certainly hope you acquire. If I'm not mistaken, Tom still has another Triumph but he won't be a Captain any more. His rank is reduced to privare, but, still first class.:)

By the way Tom, I hope the coming child arrives smoothly. Keep in touch here.

So now T. finally "did" sell the unit, after extensive consideration some time back and the decision "not" to sell it. Well, there goes the next "R's across America" with T. being involved.

Keep in touch Vonbonds, and take good care of the family.

Unless you are getting ready for a new girlfriend, maybe a classic?

See ya.

Hey guys, I am not going anywhere believe it or not. I would like to think of myself as Dave's pit crew chief :). I will be more than happy to help him work on his bike as it will always be my baby. I had to sell it for two main reasons, first and foremost my new job has taken me out of motorcycling for the most part since I can't ever use it to go to customer sites, the second reason is my wife is pregnant and even now without our own baby I just don't have time like I used to for recreational riding.

On a plus note I just ordered an 08 Dodge Charger RT loaded minus the rear entertainment system so hopefully that will arrive before long. My two great oil and gas loves are Triumph and Mopar, I get to keep that love affair going as I have kept my TBS and replaced my Cummins pickup (that didn't work with my new job either, doesn't fit in parking garages) with a Hemi! I spoke to the wife about future Rockets Across America gatherings, as long as it is located within a reachable distance and her pregnant body can take it we will try to make next years gathering (have it early as I think we are due in June).

So don't count me as a goner, I am not leaving....just changing my role if you will :).

Tom

Tom:

You must be upwardly mobile.....A hemi can't pass a gas station and if it does, all the hoses come out from the pumps and wave at it when it goes by.:eek:

Your Mopar might just turn into a collectors item the way Cerberus is taking down Chrysler. 12 more layoff's. Elimination of all third shifts in production plants and elimination of a number of models. Might be the next Studebaker........................

Back