Question for the tech gurus

Sioux Falls Rocket

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
So I am looking at a bike in Florida at a dealer, Deal is being done over the phone and video conferencing. He took me around the bike and pointed out all blemishes and such. Bike is an 08 rocket 3 with a Power Commander and Jardine pipes. He told me the battery is weak and will need replacing. He did say the bike had the check engine light on which got me a little wary. I do own a 02 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior and understand that the check engine light could be for multiple issues including a weak battery. Bike does run and idle ok. Is there anything code wise I should be on the look out for also I have done a search and cannot find an error code list here or maybe I just missed it.

Hoping someone here can chime in with some advice.

The manual is in my signature. Download it, open the file, Control F, to open search, enter the error code and Bob's your uncle.

Also, is it an R3T with a single headlight or a regular R3 with double headlights?

The manual is in my signature. Download it, open the file, Control F, to open search, enter the error code and Bob's your uncle.

Also, is it an R3T with a single headlight or a regular R3 with double headlights?

Dealer is replacing battery and checking it out do not have that info yet.

Still waiting on them for this.

If it had a weak battery and had a failed start (as in battery so weak it tried to, but didn't start), then code could simply be that-failed start. When the battery gets that low, it may try to crank but the voltage dip will go below threshold and the ECU will not let it continue, and often times pops a code/CEL come on. It will clear itself after 3-4 successful starts if that was the issue. Have them do a few starts/key cycles after replacing the battery and see if it goes away on it's own.

Actually, swapping the battery will reset the light. If they haven't already changed batteries, have them charge that one enough to get it fire over, let it run a little, and if the light's still on, do a few more start/key off cycles to see if it clears prior to disconnecting the battery that's in there.

Don't have that yet...hopefully will know more tomorrow!

I would not try to clear that code till till u know the number.
Some times they get tired of messing with a problem and just sell the bike or trade it in. That could b a big prob or small problem depending on the code.
Could b one or a half of dozen codes.
Hard codes r easier to fix because they cannot b cleared or they come back right away so u r checking where u have a prob. As opossed to having a prob once a month that is hard to find.
Hth

Back