Jamie

Living Legend
Yet another brand of cans... er... pipes... er... mufflers ?. One my club members has heard marvels about them but has no clue as to who sells them, where from and how much. And I obviously don't have the foggiest idea either. Thanks for ANY info. Jamie

I just e-mailed them for more info on the R3 systems, but it appears they build all-out custom exhaust for just about any bike! The material included; chrome-plated mild steel, stainless, aluminum skinned, metallic-ceramic coated, and carbon! You should see the CBX on their front page!

They're located in Queensland, Australia, so I kinda doubt there'll be a distributer, as such, in the US somewhere. Especially if they do full-custom work.

Guess we'll find out shortly, when they e-mail me back!

Here's the site address:http://www.pipemasters.net/indexfront.html

They have an R3 in their cruiser/bruiser section. In my opinion the absolute best ceramic coating is Jet Hot. I had them coat the head pipes on my T100 outfit with Jet Hot Sterling and the pipes are positively stunning. I get many comments about the pipes and the coating seems bullet proof. You can take a propane torch and hold it on the head pipes with no visible effect to the coating whatsoever.

Isn't Staintune in Australia too.?

Thanks much Pig9r

Have gone into their site. I still don't know anything about their specs or prices. But I love their... "tell us more about you" enquiry page... asking me about my worse crash ever... my top speed ever... my sweetest riding moment ever...

I almost started typing up my autobiography...:D

Clever, I say. Anonymity being gently steered into virtual vicinity... if not celebrity :rolleyes:

Will see what they can come up with in terms of specs (decibels, weight, torque and power measurements, if any) and prices, including export freight to Western Europe..

And yes, I have dropped a ref. to this great forum in my request for info, as well as my chairing a Rocket Owners Club.

Telling them about me:cool:

I'll report on my findings. Best. Jamie

Last edited:
They have an R3 in their cruiser/bruiser section. In my opinion the absolute best ceramic coating is Jet Hot. I had them coat the head pipes on my T100 outfit with Jet Hot Sterling and the pipes are positively stunning. I get many comments about the pipes and the coating seems bullet proof. You can take a propane torch and hold it on the head pipes with no visible effect to the coating whatsoever.

I've actually had some issues with Jet Hot's quality on a pair of headers for my '66 Olds: They started to dull almost as soon as I'd fired the car up with 'em newly installed, and began to rust after only a month. Now they take a good deal of time to re-polish and remove rust stains. My theory is; the headers were not properly cleaned prior to coating. This was in Alaska, when I installed them: not particularly humid, nor salty. I lived in the interior, a ways south of Fairbanks. Same deal with the Jet-Hot coated CT racing system on my Yamaha Raptor 660: Dulling and rust.

This was five or so years ago, so it's quite possible they've done some improvements or fired someone.

Lately, I've been using a local place, C & A Automotive, right here in Mountain Home. Prices are very reasonable, and his work is immaculate! Fully coated, inside and out (not sure how he manages it... but ****ed if they're not!) Not had one issue with the MG's header, nor the re-coat of my ATV's exhaust systems.

I had my headers done in their Mississippi plant and they are perfect. The header flanges aren't removable from the pipes because of the pipe to frame mount brackets and they were very carefully wired to stay put and coated. Because the headers were show chromed before I had them coated, I requested an pre-acid strip. Maybe that's the difference. I'm not sure but I've had them on the bike now for 3 years and they look as good as the day I put them on. I'm condisering, this winter, removing the tubular header from the R3 and coating alnong with the Staintune bypass I plan on getting.. I'm hoping that between the coated headpipe and the bypass, the R3 will go from a 3 burner stove to just a toaster.:D

Oh, so there's more than one plant? That would explain it as well. Whichever one that did my systems (both the headers and CT system were manufactured in California) sure didn't do well.

And that's not a bad idea with the R3's header! I'll probably do just that this winter. Maybe do a little smoothing and polishing on it first, just to make it look even better. Ideally, I want to see if Pipemasters could make a nice-looking, swoopy header, like the prototype R3 had, which would fit with the rest of the exhaust.

Alister:

JetHot also has a money back or strip and re-finish guarantee if you aren't completely satisified. That was made very clear to me when I had my pipes coated. When they came back to me, they were packed in a box that could have withstood a direct bomb drop.

Did you per chance have the fabricator of your systems send them themselves or did you do it yourself. If your fabricator sent tem, I'm wondering out loud if they are indeed Jet Hot coated. Jet Hot does a bunch of stuff for the Department of the Navy and NASA and if you do areospace stuff, it better be good.

I'm in no way trying to promote JetHot. They just did a fantastic job for me. I'm 100% satisfied.

Oh, I know... and I'm not trying to imply otherwise!

Unfortuantely, I wasn't aware of the lifetime warranty until just now...

And both the ATV system and Clifford headers came to me from Jet-Hot, not directly from the manufactures. Sounds like it was just a fluke or a local issue, then. Either way, I'm still going to C&A. They're local, no shipping to deal with, and the owner has a sweet Austin-Healey 3000 BN-7!

Back