wilbur-t

Top Fuel
Riding home from work yesterday, halfway down my two miles of gravel road, suddenly the surface had been sprayed with tar and coated with sand. Could it be that the Dept. of Transportation is really going to pave our road? I continued on at ten mph, [I normally go about 40.] trying not to get tar all over Lucille, when she started going all over the place. Pulled over to find a piece of gravel through the rear tire. :mad: Walked home, got the air tank and plug kit and put two plugs in the hole to make it home. Tire was about gone anyway. Maybe they will have some pavement down by the time I get a new tire mounted. :rolleyes:

12009024894.jpg

12009024766.jpg

12009024885.jpg

Tough luck!

What, now I have to worry about gravel puncturing my tire? What is this world coming to?
Dennis
13 dtg!

What a crappy road to have to drive on each time you want to get out & enjoy the day. You most likely need to stop at the pavement to clean the Rocket again for "appearance" sake, right?

Now wilber-t, you need to change the line of text attached to the end of your posts: "Nowadays I got me two good wheels, but only one good tire" :roll:

See ya.

Last edited:
I know the feeling, in the last year I've picked up screws in my rear tire twice! The first one my tire looked about as worn out as yours, so I didn't mind. It was time for a new tire anyway. The second time was only about 1k into the new tire. I took the wheel off and had my local bike shop take the tire off and hot patch it from the inside. So far its holding. I wish a had a tire machine to remove and replace the rear tire myself, I can do the front with no problem, but the back one is impossible without a pneumatic tire machine. mabey if one of you guys have Popeye arms you can get it with spoons, but I can't.

I had a brand new tire go south after I ran over a rock on my driveway just after getting it. The new tire maybe had 200 miles on it :(.

ALL RIGHT YOU GUY'S HAVE ME WORRIED NOW. They ARE REDOING MY ROAD AND SURROUNDING ROADS AND NOW I AM PARANOID I AM GOING TO GET A FLAT FROM A SIMPLE STONE.:(

This was the first time a rock ever got one of my motorcycle tires. I couldn't tell you how many car tires that gravel road flattened. :mad:

I had a brand new tire go south after I ran over a rock on my driveway just after getting it. The new tire maybe had 200 miles on it :(.

Ouch, that hurts, VB!

Just this past Saturday on a RAT ride wilbur-t mine got flat on that same side. Got one hole plugged and tried to put air in it and wouldn't you know another hole showed up. Well one of the RAT riders brought out this plug device I hadn't ever seen used before but it did the job and got me 50 miles home. New rear tire showed up 10min. ago so it is off to the dealer in the AM. That is my 4th flat in 2 tires.:eek: I will get that plug device and get some stock in fix a flat and slime. Then rename her,"find a flat".

Back