Tempted fate as my new tire arrived and gave it a go to the dealer, followed by wife with tire in trunk. Half way to dealer plop plop fizz fizz oh no !! Jamie your solution works just fine.:D You know I had to try it. We were entertained by the Naval demonstration team while we waited for the trailer.

Darn that flat

Well Bob, it almost lasted long enough to get you to the dealer. What towing did you use? I'll have to check my HRCA and GWRRA packages, I think they cover towing on any motorcycle that I own. Didn't think of that till now....may need it.
Dennis
10 dtg!

I anticipated needing a tow service and know of all the horror stories of wreckers totaling bikes when all they had was a flat tire. So I asked for a recommendation from Julie and they gave me the number of a kindly old gentleman with a pickup and a motorcycle trailer. I was his 2nd Rocket customer as his first one needed some on the spot engineering to the gate due to the bikes length. After that instance he designed extensions for that sole purpose. It was a piece of cake getting on as I drove it up, he tied it down and off we went.

Here you have to worry about the rocks and the mesquite thorns. It is a special rock here. Can't remember what it was exactly that got my perfectly good/new car tire. Might be quartz. I think Mesquite thorn got my first bike's rear tire right away. And of course there is the roofing nails you never know where ya picked up.

Trailer

Bob, I'll have to get that guys number off of you so that if I need that kind of help locally, I'll know who to call.
Thanks,
Dennis
10 dtg!

Got my new tire mounted today. The piece of gravel that came out of the old one was 1.5" long and sharp as a knife on one end. Must have caught it just right [Or wrong!] to have it stab into the tire like it did.

Sunshine, I'm glad we don't have mesquite thorns to deal with. Plenty of stray nails around, though.

Paving machine parked at the beginning of my road yesterday, along with two rollers........:rolleyes:

Got my new tire mounted today. The piece of gravel that came out of the old one was 1.5" long and sharp as a knife on one end. Must have caught it just right [Or wrong!] to have it stab into the tire like it did.

Sunshine, I'm glad we don't have mesquite thorns to deal with. Plenty of stray nails around, though.

Paving machine parked at the beginning of my road yesterday, along with two rollers........:rolleyes:

Wilbur,
Can you tell if the stone was flint rock? Flint is what gets us here, hence the reason injuns of old camped around our farm, I reckon.

We had a nasty ground vine in Colorado called "Mexican Sander" which had thorns that punctured tires and disabled flip flops.

An alternative

Hey Guys, If you are a member of the AMA (Not American Medical Association either though Jack might belong to the American Mental Association), they offer the AMA Mo-Tow package for either your bike(s) or your bike(s) and your automobiles. I have the premium package for the cars and bikes that offers gasoline delivery, emergency roadside repairs, and qualified towing (motorcycle friendly and knowledgable with a free 35 mile delivery to a dealer. It also includes lock out service and flat changeout for your cage.

I like the AMA. They are the NRA of motorcycles.

Amy has used it for her car twice and it's good peace of mind for the bike too. The premium package is 56 bucks a year.

Back