Want to Buy Oil Tank 2300

Apologies @mr hunt I have not been around much lately.
I have a couple of used later version black ones T1210259 if you want one cheap (Au$50 + post for you, Au$642.00 from Aussie dealers is outrageous! ), and an NOS early Chrome one A9733603.

Pretty sure they changed during 2005 and only very early 2004 -2005 models came with the different sized oil pipe outlets.

early with VIN LAST 6 DIGITS up to 280583​

They even had a Raw steel version A9750014.
1Chrome Plated Oil Tank
A9733603
THIS PART IS NOW OBSOLETE
Share this part
NO LONGERAVAILABLE$233.06inc. VAT(£129.95)-
1Chrome Plated Oil Tank
A9730136
THIS PART IS NOW OBSOLETE
Share this part
NO LONGERAVAILABLE$249.29inc. VAT(£139.00)-
2Oil Tank Raw
A9750014
Share this part
NO LONGERAVAILABLE$0.00inc. VAT(£0.00)-
3Label, Oil & Filter
T3900302
Share this part
IN STOCK$5.60inc. VAT(£

A9730136 - CHROME PLATED OIL TANK A9730136 VIN last 6 digits from 280584 >​

1620174173210.png

Can you compare the nipple coming out of the early chrome oil tank with the late model oil tank. If it is smaller than the late model oil tank then I would like to buy it from you if it is still available. I sourced another chrome tank but the fitting coming out the bottom of the tank was too large for my crankcase adapter.

Can you compare the nipple coming out of the early chrome oil tank with the late model oil tank. If it is smaller than the late model oil tank then I would like to buy it from you if it is still available. I sourced another chrome tank but the fitting coming out the bottom of the tank was too large for my crankcase adapter.
You have the early version of the Chrome tank same as I do, as posted above the new version came in sometime in 2005.
The R3T was released in 2008 and use the later version same as R3 Classic/Roadster to 2018.

You have the early version of the Chrome tank same as I do, as posted above the new version came in sometime in 2005.
The R3T was released in 2008 and use the later version same as R3 Classic/Roadster to 2018.
I thought my larger oil tank nipple was for an early version. I sold it to a guy on Facebook with an early silver engine bike. His research on the forum seemed to indicate that the larger diameter nipple on the oil tank was for later bikes. I was thinking you might confirm which is which and if I was lucky I would end up with the proper oil tank for my bike. Let me know if you happen upon the smaller diameter nipple chrome oil tank. I know that is what I need when comparing my black oil tank with the chrome tank my black tank has a slightly smaller nipple when compared against the chrome tank.

I thought my larger oil tank nipple was for an early version. I sold it to a guy on Facebook with an early silver engine bike. His research on the forum seemed to indicate that the larger diameter nipple on the oil tank was for later bikes. I was thinking you might confirm which is which and if I was lucky I would end up with the proper oil tank for my bike. Let me know if you happen upon the smaller diameter nipple chrome oil tank. I know that is what I need when comparing my black oil tank with the chrome tank my black tank has a slightly smaller nipple when compared against the chrome tank.
Mine is in a shed 25 miles away. If he didn't get back to you to complain he ended up happy. or resold it. If it was not the same outlet size as your later Black version on your R3T it was definitely the early version. R3Ts ONLY came out with the later version.

Back