Ocean City Bikeweek

HellFire

Legend
Arrived Wednesday, checked into the Fenwick on the strip. Did a small amount of scouting the place before most arrive Thursday, and was already approached by a group who swear they saw me somewhere else today (think they saw the bike). So somewhere out there is another black R3 with bags, W/S, etc. Wonder who it is?

The most interesting picture of the day ......

Attachments

• 0915101945.jpg
    0915101945.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 119
We're thinking of taking a ride up this weekend but I hurt my ribs last Sunday racing my other bike. If they get better, I'll ride up. I'll be on an 08 black and red touring.

Been all over the area, guess I never realized there was this much to Ocean City. Last year I must have never even scratched the surface of how much goes on during bike week. Right now I'm sitting outside the front door of the Fenwick Hotel, they don't have WiFi anywhere but the lobby (how primitive) :mad:. Has to be the only Hotel I've stayed at in years that doesn't even have an Ethernet plug in the room.
Today most of the bikes showed up and talk about LOUD! **** trailer queen harley davidson owners and their obnoxious pipes. It's totally obvious which ones never get ridden regular, and are just used to bar hop a couple times a year. Having open pipes under your ass and revving the engine constantly would get old fast if they were ridden more often. I find myself leaving ear plugs in even after I've parked the R3, Anywhere near the main drag the noise is so bad you can't have a conversation, it was fun for about an hour but now it's just annoying (**** I'm getting old).
Lots of good looking expensive bikes to look at everywhere, Still have yet to see a Triumph at all let alone an R3. Yet I'm told by some wanting to know about mine that there is another one somewhere. One guy said he saw me Wednsday evening and has been trying to catch up to me ever since to ask questions (I have a stalker. lol).
Did the "100 mile loop" so the guys I'm with could hit all the Harley Davidson stores in the area (how exciting). Evidently you have to spend $20 at each store so you can buy a pin. Whoever cam up with that bit of marketing was a genius:p. I'm told that you have to be a Harley guy to understand the fanaticism, glad I don't have that illness.

A couple more shots from the day .....

Attachments

• 0917101635.jpg
    0917101635.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 0917101633.jpg
    0917101633.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 0917101634.jpg
    0917101634.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 95
This is luggage I fell in love with from Kuryakin and had to buy. It has a retractable handle and wheels, and supposedly has optional stereo speakers/amplifier available. It looks big on an R3 so you can imagine just how huge it is.
I was at the Harley dealer on 50Hwy getting passenger foot boards (cheaper on line I know, but you only live once), and while waiting saw the luggage display. The biggest set caught my eye and .....
0917101310.jpg

0917101335.jpg

0917101439.jpg

Nice to be home ....
The week was a good time, but it's always good to be back in you own house, with your own couch, your own TV and .... YOUR OWN BED! LOL
The whole way back in heavy traffic we were thinking that Monday would have been a better day to drive home. The mix of Bike and shore traffic was slow and hot, but I have to give the cagers a pat on the back ... they were respectful of the motorcycles and we didn't see a single accident on the way home. Last year was a different story, accidents everywhere.
So far the only pictures posted are from my cellphone since they are easy to transfer with the bluetooth. I'll get the camera downloaded later and post some of the better pictures. Funny, never did see another R3 .... not even another Triumph! :eek:
Everywhere we stopped the bike drew a crowd, on some occasions I had to ask to get by people so I could start the bike and leave. It was like I was riding a space ship that no one had ever seen before, question after question.

Strange picture of the day ......
0916102036_1.jpg
Any guess what it is ....

Back