I guess the cold weather is the downside of living in the beautiful city of Reno. I purchased my 07 rocket in Reno and drove it back to Tucson.
Since Cali has the "Don't sell an aftermarket exhaust or we will put you in jail" squeeze on motorcycle dealers I had to ride in the winter over the pass to Reno to have my TORS put on my 14 Rocket in 2014. I cannot tell you how cold I was but I don't remember anything past 5K feet going up the summit. My TORS was put on in 2 hours in Reno and the weather was sunny but still cold although the rumble of the TORS made my day on the way home. So I have a soft spot for Reno as I had to drive 220 miles round trip in the friggin freezing cold but they hooked me up no thanks to Suckafornia.:thumbsup:

I live in Reno, the winters really suck for riding here. If its not snowing then there is alot of sand and gravel on the roads. But it does give a person some time for maint and mods.

Since Cali has the "Don't sell an aftermarket exhaust or we will put you in jail" squeeze on motorcycle dealers I had to ride in the winter over the pass to Reno to have my TORS put on my 14 Rocket in 2014. I cannot tell you how cold I was but I don't remember anything past 5K feet going up the summit. My TORS was put on in 2 hours in Reno and the weather was sunny but still cold although the rumble of the TORS made my day on the way home. So I have a soft spot for Reno as I had to drive 220 miles round trip in the friggin freezing cold but they hooked me up no thanks to Suckafornia.:thumbsup:
Iam sad to inform you that the old Yuill Bros. Triumph Dealership has been sold ! You may not have such a soft spot for the newest dealer. They are the dealership I have referred to in my posts regarding the Triumph Dealer of Reno................

I live in Reno, the winters really suck for riding here. If its not snowing then there is alot of sand and gravel on the roads. But it does give a person some time for maint and mods.
....Lots of time for maintenance !...........

Yuill Brothers was great, I have had issues with Euro cycle more than once.
A friend of mine is the new service manager there for now. But they just layed off the parts guys and some of the techs.
Now they have my friend trying to keep parts and service up and running. He may not stick around there much longer.
Seems im not the only one that has had issues with this dealership.

Iam sad to inform you that the old Yuill Bros. Triumph Dealership has been sold ! You may not have such a soft spot for the newest dealer. They are the dealership I have referred to in my posts regarding the Triumph Dealer of Reno................
Yes that is who I used in Nov of 2014. They were called Freedom Cycles I believe and the 'Yuill Bros' was on the main window of the dealership. Great guys. I told them I had to beat the ice over the summit home back to the foothills and they had me out of there by 1:30 PM I believe. They even FedEx my OEM exhaust to my house. Too bad they are gone as they were the real deal.:thumbsup:

Yuill Brothers was great, I have had issues with Euro cycle more than once.
A friend of mine is the new service manager there for now. But they just layed off the parts guys and some of the techs.
Now they have my friend trying to keep parts and service up and running. He may not stick around there much longer.
Seems im not the only one that has had issues with this dealership.
Yes I have known a few X-employees from the H.D. dealership that tried the Triumph dealer here for employment ; didn't work out very well ! The Yuill Bros. were true
"gentlemen" as opposed to the new owners ! The new guys are ruining the name "Triumph" and all associated brand names....................

Looks good. 👍

Showcases that rear tyre very well for a relatively simple mod...and saves some weight in the process. What's not to like!

I'm definitely going to sort out that area of my bike, but i'm not 100% there yet as to which solution to go for.
The stock set-up is pretty terrible IMHO. So much crap and wet gets flung up everywhere, which is my biggest gripe, but the aesthetics (overall visual balance) of the bike doesn't look right either so something needs to change for sure.

I've got two concerns of purely a practical nature about your particular set up.
One is about still getting a huge amount of 'fling-up' due to the forward positioning of the licence plate, and the other is how much hassle I would get from the road traffic police if my licence plate was angled so horizontal as that. ......So i'm very interested to hear how you get on with the set up as you have it.
Thanks for sharing.

The plate looks very angled, but is very easy to see from the rear. As fas as the rear tire flinging crap up. The oem set up did more for directly behind than flinging crap up. My plan is to secure a small bag of some type on the rack, that should solve that.

The Evotech tail tidy looks like it will bring the licence plate back a bit more which seems to have allowed the plate mounting angle to be closer to a 'legally acceptable' angle.

EP Triumph Rocket 3 R Tail Tidy (2020+)

Only problem is that it's twice the price :unsure:

Back