albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
I just bought a yellow 06 r3 with a few extra bits and reading the posts I am a bit confused as to what is the deal with this tuneboy business? I notice I have jardine pipes and no cat it was done at the dealership so should I get involved in understanding the whole thing or is it just another tinkering business with electronics..

welcome from tn
the more u understand bout your ride the better u will be you can find all kind of info here
people r freindly and helpful

duke

I too purchased a used 06 model classic w/Jardines. I had a pretty good popping on decel. I had the dealer load one of the fattest tunes that Triumph has and it helped some but still had the popping.
The Tuneboy thingy is a personal preference. It all depends on what you are looking for out of your bike. If you are the type that likes to tinker with your bikes and like adding or taking away to make the bike yours. Then you might want to look into a Tuneboy.
I first bought a PCIII and installed in my bike and the bike instantly smoothed out and ran like a top. I had already added the GIPro ATRE and the PCIII was the icing on the cake.
But the PC III can't remove the top speed limiter. So I decided to go ahead and get a T/B just for that reason. But if trying to make your Rocket run as fast as it can and then some, a T/B is the only way to go.
But that is just my take on it. Good luck with your bike.

Big T

Back