WELCOME! to our R3 Family Forum... Any photos? Had her long?
-MIG

WELCOME! to our R3 Family Forum... Any photos? Had her long?
-MIG
Thanks for the welcome guys! Had her on hold since last week, bought it today. Bought it from National Powersports in Pemboke NH for $10.5k with 14,509k on the clock. I noticed that the air box cover or bear claw as most call it under the left side of the fuel tank is black not chrome.. isn't that usually chrome? I didn't think to check if it was metal or plastic, maybe the previous owner spray painted it black? Not a deal breaker for me anyways. For the price I paid they installed new Metzlers front and back, new battery, flushed and replaced brake fluid, oil change and filter and drained and replaced final drive gear oil.

They wouldn't negotiate on the price and as policy they don't. Getting it registered this week and will hopefully have license plate and reg by this Friday so will pick her up first thing Saturday morning. 3,000 mile 3 month warranty. What do you guys think of the price I paid? The bike looks great, has a few small surface scratches on both side covers and one 2 inch deep scuff to the paint on the rear corner of the right hard bag. Everything else is just about perfect.

Here's a link with more pics of it at the dealership for anyone interested National Powersports Distributors

Attachments

• UOJM3061.JPG
    UOJM3061.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 9
  • VHJF0851.JPG
    VHJF0851.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Fastest color I see! :sneaky: For me the price is relative for my desire to have it, so I'd say you hit a good target; though their no-haggle policy sounds like bull-chit on a used bike. I must say though, sorry they put on Metzlers. Be careful. Maybe the new ones are better but back in 2014 I worked hard to wear them out and replace. They do not grip well, especially across road paint (crosswalks) even in dry weather and in rain. Cobra Chrome's on the other hand, give you a ton of grip and confidence. More than once I sucked the seat up into my arse with Metzlers. BTW, an OEM bearclaw is chrome. ENJOY!
-MIG

Here's 'Fiona'...
Fiona.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys! Had her on hold since last week, bought it today. Bought it from National Powersports in Pemboke NH for $10.5k with 14,509k on the clock. I noticed that the air box cover or bear claw as most call it under the left side of the fuel tank is black not chrome.. isn't that usually chrome? I didn't think to check if it was metal or plastic, maybe the previous owner spray painted it black? Not a deal breaker for me anyways. For the price I paid they installed new Metzlers front and back, new battery, flushed and replaced brake fluid, oil change and filter and drained and replaced final drive gear oil.

They wouldn't negotiate on the price and as policy they don't. Getting it registered this week and will hopefully have license plate and reg by this Friday so will pick her up first thing Saturday morning. 3,000 mile 3 month warranty. What do you guys think of the price I paid? The bike looks great, has a few small surface scratches on both side covers and one 2 inch deep scuff to the paint on the rear corner of the right hard bag. Everything else is just about perfect.

Here's a link with more pics of it at the dealership for anyone interested National Powersports Distributors
Congratulations. I love the hell out of my Touring. I gotta echo MIG on the Metzlers. I found them to be a crap tire for a bike that big and heavy. They were complete junk at 4000 miles. Other than that you should get a lot of enjoyment out of that bike.

Wow, didn't realize the Metzlers were that bad but after some reading here on the forums a lot of riders agree. The dealer put on the 888 Metzlers which replaced the 880's. I hope the bike performs okay with them because I don't think I can deal with a slippery, squirrely ride which at this point I know would most likely make me feel very anxious. I'm just getting back to riding after having a near fatal bike accident 4 years ago when a cager crossed my lane in front of me and there was nothing I could do to avoid it.

Impact was at about 40mph. Forks snapped, front wheel bent & face planted into drivers side of car. Lost 5pts of blood and had to be med flighted to the hospital. It really sucked because I was about 300 miles away from home. I'm definitely glad to be alive and functioning after that! People have told me I'm fortunate because most riders who have that type of accident usually get crippled or die from their injuries from the impact. My brother-in-law who was riding with me saw the accident and thought I had died. Anyways, really looking forward to riding again!! :D

Last edited:
Wow, didn't realize the Metzlers were that bad but after some reading here on the forums a lot of riders agree. The dealer put on the 888 Metzlers which replaced the 880's. I hope the bike performs okay with them because I don't think I can deal with a slippery, squirrely ride which at this point I know would most likely make me feel very anxious. I'm just getting back to riding after having a near fatal bike accident 4 years ago when a cager crossed my lane in front of me and there was nothing I could do to avoid it.

Impact was at about 40mph. Forks snapped, front wheel bent & face planted into drivers side of car. Lost 5pts of blood and had to be med flighted to the hospital. It really sucked because I was about 300 miles away from home. I'm definitely glad to be alive and functioning after that! People have told me I'm fortunate because most riders who have that type of accident usually get crippled or die from their injuries from the impact. My brother-in-law who was riding with me saw the accident and thought I had died. Anyways, really looking forward to riding again!! :D

every day is icing on the cake now
especially with the rocket

I'm sure they'll be OK for a few thousand miles...Sounds like you're a very lucky guy

Back