Wow, didn't realize the Metzlers were that bad but after some reading here on the forums a lot of riders agree. The dealer put on the 888 Metzlers which replaced the 880's. I hope the bike performs okay with them because I don't think I can deal with a slippery, squirrely ride which at this point I know would most likely make me feel very anxious. I'm just getting back to riding after having a near fatal bike accident 4 years ago when a cager crossed my lane in front of me and there was nothing I could do to avoid it.

Impact was at about 40mph. Forks snapped, front wheel bent & face planted into drivers side of car. Lost 5pts of blood and had to be med flighted to the hospital. It really sucked because I was about 300 miles away from home. I'm definitely glad to be alive and functioning after that! People have told me I'm fortunate because most riders who have that type of accident usually get crippled or die from their injuries from the impact. My brother-in-law who was riding with me saw the accident and thought I had died. Anyways, really looking forward to riding again!! :D
Found it

Me n Dave rode about 115miles today home from the dealership and I'm very happy with the bike, IMO it handles well with the Metz 888"s so far in the dry. No slips over painted areas of roadways but I'm being cautious because of all the bad things said about the Metzs on this forum. I have a very minor problem that I started another thread for help. It's a joy being back in the saddle after four years of no riding!! :D

Back