crank sensor under engine at rear of engine
does not have cam sensor.
12 volt test light on the ground side (of coils or injectors) will blink when ecu grounds them while cranking.
on the left side u have relays fan, engine management and fuel pump
u should be able to feel them energize when u turn on key (not the fan relay)

Welcome to the forum snd good luck with the project. It's a great way to get to learn the bike.

Ok, got a little time, installed a heavy ground wire from battery to exhaust pipe bolt at head, jumped ground to coil- fires, disconnected tip over switch- cranked 7 cycles no luck, plugged tip switch back up, tried again no luck, tried with side stand up. Saw a thread that mentioned relays behind left panel they seem ok. It also mentioned 2 under tank, I haven't located any under tank. Is it possible that fire is killed if low fuel level code is thrown? I've been trying with tank removed. it seems to me the problem has to be somewhere from the crank sensor, another sensor stopping fire or a bad connection.

U can not ground coils
The ecu grounds each coil at the proper time close to top dead center.
If u ground 1 coil it will not fire.
Same with injectors.
U can check with 12 volt test ljght to see if ecu is working.

Finally got time. Pulled all the electrical connectors apart sprayed contact cleaner Put new gas in tank. Fired right up. Apparently low fuel signal kills fire. Oil became milky in less than 3 minutes. Drained refilled tried again got milky right away. I guess I’ll keep draining then short run till clears up

Welcome from the big city of Henryetta Oklahoma. Two build threads going on at the same time will make this site excited. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back