New member based in Derbyshire Peak District, UK

Jagster

Torque junkie
Ride
2020 Rocket 3R
I've been lurking for a week or so. Thought it was now time to join the forum and remove my lurking gear and join the party.
I've just purchased my very first Triumph so I thought if I'd mark the occasion with the biggest one they make...;).
It's a pretty stock 2020 Rocket 3R in red with 6.5K miles on the clock.
I liked this particular bike partly because it came with some of the GT parts as well as all the comparable R spec parts, so I can swap things around to get the right set up and make it my own.
At the moment i'm with mid controls, GT seat & GT bars, which I like the most right now.
Oh...and it appears to have a quickshifter.....super dooper :cool:.

I started out very young on two wheels with schoolboy trials (First bike of my own was a Yamaha TY80) and since then i've had just about every kind of bike there is.......Probably an overstatement I guess, but after 50 years of enjoying motorcycles, i've lost count how many i've had over the years. Mainly Japanese, but in my 40's I had a fairly long love affair with Moto Guzzi's followed by a KTM 990 Adventure S and that gave way to a Harley XR1200 (...just as my facial stubble began to turn grey....) which I thoroughly enjoyed modifying and riding. I sold it about 4 years ago and hung up my helmet due to a health problem, but this year I couldn't stand life any longer without bike so the Rocket is my way back on two wheels, and i'm hoping my health issue doesn't kick up a fuss with this nice 'relaxed cruiser'....:evil: ....;)...fingers crossed.
I'm based in the Yorkshire/Derbyshire region of the UK.
We have snow and plenty of ice out there at the moment so it's not the best time of the year to be buying a new bike, but i'm looking forward to tinkering with the bike over the winter months and amusing myself that way prior to hitting the roads closer to the springtime.
Much to learn about this bike, as it's like no other.....Looking forward to it !

welcome from Tucson Arizona USA
we seen you lurking
i think that you will love the rocket
good luck next spring.

Thanks for the welcome fellas.
This is the only photo i've got of the new bike, which I took after loading it up at the dealership last weekend.
150 miles trip home on my trusty plant trailer (too big to fit on my bike trailer).
Resize of IMG_20221210_151757.jpg

Then as i'm driving back home, the snow comes.....end of biking season......well that didn't last long :rolleyes:

Resize of 11-12-22.jpg

Like no other indeed... Thanks for sharing the photos and backstory. May spring be early next year!
-MIG

Welcome from Texas, formally from London. It may be snowing now but come July, when I am facing 90% humidity in the mornings and evenings and then 98°F in the middle of the day, you'll be enjoying perfect biking weather!

Back