Rockets do take a bit of gettin used to that's for sure.... Welcome from Australia .. and hey what's a Taff and how come you're out of them/it :D

Out of Taff...you would'nt be Welsh now would you?..;)

Welcome from stormy wet Perth Downunder
Enjoy but respect the R3.. Oh! don't worry bout the Grin its an R3 gratis accessory :D

Welcome mate. Hope you spend millions of happy miles on her.

hope you enjoy the no crap, full of fun and great info site that these guys make it.

Welcome from Chicago. Got the same set up. 07 America and 08 Rocket.
Sometimes it's just fun to ride around town on the small bike.
Enjoy

Smart choice. Just wait; it will make your Bonnie feel like a push bike. Not knocking the Bonnie - they're a very handy little machine - it's just that there's nothing like a Rocket. Good to have you join us.

I want to thank you all for that warm welcome.
Very nice first day:)

CanberraR3.
I am having so much fun and interest with my new machine. It is a 2006 model and only 7 thousand miles...clean as can be.
He installed a Jardine exhaust system, that makes one hell of popping, banging backfiring when I drop down a gear and/or decelerate. I may change back to the original system!

As to the Bonnie; This new 'un has made me appreciate the kind qualities the Bonnie has to offer. A nice predictable unit. I took it out the other day and had a blast.

One thing I noticed with my Rocket....Man is the motor warm! It feels like it wants to melt my right leg.
Is anyone else having this problem, has anyone solved to problem without putting asbestos chaps on?
My heat shields are glowing and I don't know what to do! It may be great in the winter but down south in Atlanta with 100 degrees F it is too warm.

Cheers guys.
Eric.

Rockets do take a bit of gettin used to that's for sure.... Welcome from Australia .. and hey what's a Taff and how come you're out of them/it :D

Hi Tomcat.
A Taff is a nickname for someone from South Wales (old South Wales that is). The Taff is a river that runs down the valleys and ends up in Cardiff.

I left Wales in 1978, lived in the Netherlands for 5 years and since 1983 lived in the States.

The film...Out of Africa?
I figure...Me!...Out of taff!
That's my story and I am sticking to it! for a while anyway:))

Greetings.

Dennsell. Good assumption.

Lots of guys from Down Under?

Smart choice. Just wait; it will make your Bonnie feel like a push bike. Not knocking the Bonnie - they're a very handy little machine - it's just that there's nothing like a Rocket. Good to have you join us.

Last time i rode a Bonnie my Rocket was having it's first service and i really enjoyed
myself..great little bike
The tech..who i like to have a joke with came over and said..what do you think of it
I said .yeah it's alright but someone forgot to put an engine in it :eek:
He wasn't amused :D

Ray

Another welcome from Texas.. :)

From the sounds of it, you are not running the right fuel map with your Jardines. It sounds like you are running way too lean.. This would cause the popping on decel.. and make your exhaust header a lot hotter than normal. Triumph's 'off-road' tune is still too lean for the Jardines. You need a DynoJet Power Commander with the appropriate map loaded.. or TuneECU or TuneBoy software to load a different tune to your bike's ECU.

I love my Jardines..They make the Rocket sound like the big bike that it is.. :) I have a DynoJet PC3 that I had tuned at a local dyno shop and my bike runs great. I do get a little popping on decel lately, but I believe my Jardine's baffles are about wore out. Thinking of going with Jardine's "quiet" baffles as a replacement. They are supposed to be a bit quieter and since they are not glass packs like the original baffles, they never wear out.

Back