New Exhaust on my GT

How’s she fuelling?
We put my cobbers 'R' model on the dyno prior to doing the same thing with the exhaust and then after fitting of the new exhaust to see if the fuelling changed and it didnt alter...so we were happy with that. We decided it was ok to continue....after all we are only changing the exhaust emissions not the air intake.

I might be wrong but i think the werkes is a straight thru pipe setup..??...might have some resonance baffles in it but otherwise straight thru...this one of mine has different tunnels the sound and volume travel thru with exhaust fibreglass and resonance baffles to create the right amount of snap crackle and pop!...wasnt cheap but very happy with the result.
The Engineers are clever guys ...in fact i think one is Davinci.?...well thats what they call themselves at least...Davinci Steel Craft.

Hey Tal,I removed the stock exhaust but wasn't game to chop it. I ended up using an old Dan Moto can I had on my Diavel. Made a slip in baffle 250mm long and its great. It was only temp till the werkes pipes get here. I have a feeling that I will end up keeping it on. Brackets were a pain. Its very quiet and performance is ok. Still pops a bit on decel as expected. The cure for that is dont slow down. Oh, I took the silver plastic bits off and had them painted Phantom Black. Strange that at night when you shine an led torch on it, they have a purple shade just like the phantoms clothing.

Attachments

• 20201122_165126.jpg
    20201122_165126.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 114
  • 20201121_180610.jpg
    20201121_180610.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 114
Have had the exhaust modified on my Gt. The Cat box has been taken out and a new boom box has been built and installed. The result is very satisfying...the sound is not obtrusive..it has a deeper tone and a very nice rumble on decel. We retained the look of the stock setup which i wanted as Triumph have made a nice job with that look in my opinion...the outlet pipes are now one pipe instead of one inside another.
All in all the engineers have been outstanding and i'm very happy with their work...their experience in exhaust building is extensive and it shows in the result.
Very nice!...but why did you have to paint the system black?

Back