Want to Buy Disregard (found one) - Need Your Final Drive - Roadster

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
You have a used Final Drive for a Roadster hanging about for some reason and I need it. Triumph # T1275000

Just hoping to get lucky before biting the big bullet. If so, how much?

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 6.17.35 AM.png

DRIVE UNIT, FINAL, 87DEGREE, BLK
Part Number: T1275000 Required per assembly: Note: Roadster only

Last edited:
I don't suppose you're the first, but I've never heard of anyone needing a final drive.

How does that happen ?

And, I wonder, if the folks who make trikes use the final drive, or have those as leftovers.

Have you checked eBay ?

Good luck.

Bad luck? If you search this site you'll find some other cases of it. Ask @cootertwo who is on his third drive, last I heard.

When I last pulled the FD to lube the shaft I noticed gear oil in there. Hoping I had just over filled it somehow (?) by not being level. Now there is a leak from the boot where the shaft meets the engine. Smell is gear oil. There is a seal that goes bad and the unit is non-serviceable.

Nothing on eBay at the moment. They generally go for $950 new for the Roadster. This is my main means of transportation, so I'll probably be ordering one this afternoon unless someone pops up here with a good offer.

Hooligan? I'll have you know that I'm a respectable law abiding citizen :whitstling:

Thanks, Kevin, I found that too a little while ago and emailed them to see if I can just get the FD.

@JRock are you sure they are interchangeable? The Roadster is black, but if I can save some $ I'd just paint the darn thing.

I am not 100% sure, as I've never changed out my final drive.
Parroting what has been discussed on here over the years.
Wait a bit and a more experienced hand will confirm or deny

Back