For Sale More R3Touring bling found in shed.

NO LYING DOWN IN THE CHEAPSIDE or my shed.

During the industrial Revolution in England poor itinerants seeking lodging in the slums actually had a choice of doss house accomodation. - straw lined 'coffins' for the 'wealthy' who could afford to lye down at night and the cheap stalls for standing up sleepers leaning back with a rope across their chests to stop them falling forward.

I will be down there fingers crossed in a week or so

how are the current fires there for you?

I will be down there fingers crossed in a week or so

how are the current fires there for you?

Canberra's Southern suburbs dodged a bullet last night but folks in farms and small holdings to the SW did not fare so well:(

The nearest fire to us a few km from the suburbs ate another 20,000 hectares last night, it has now burnt out over 50,000 hectares (250,000 acres) and looks like joining other fires possibly to complete the burning of everything from the highest mountains in Australia to the coast.

The already burnt areas are in black This is just Southern NSW and ACT excluding the rest of NSW Victoria and South Australia and Western Australia:
Fires Near Me

Yeah how’s your dad making out with the poor air quality?

Silly bugger is still doing his Canadian Air Force exercises from the '50's every morning but he has given up on the star jumps but does his push ups and situps etc on the carpet.

Me, stuff that, I'm happily dying young! :D

Putting him to work is a pain now. He reckons at 90 he shouldn't be working outside over 90f.
Ridiculous! I advised him the smoke must make it feel like a balmy mist.;):D
He is taking weeks to re-paint the trailer. Only finished grinding, stripping, wire brushing and painting one side so far. Have to commence whipping shortly!

Last edited:
Canberra's Southern suburbs dodged a bullet last night but folks in farms and small holdings to the SW did not fare so well:(

The nearest fire to us a few km from the suburbs ate another 20,000 hectares last night, it has now burnt out over 50,000 hectares (250,000 acres) and looks like joining other fires possibly to complete the burning of everything from the highest mountains in Australia to the coast.

The already burnt areas are in black This is just Southern NSW and ACT excluding the rest of NSW Victoria and South Australia and Western Australia:
Fires Near Me

Silly bugger is still doing his Canadian Air Force exercises from the '50's every morning but he has given up on the star jumps but does his push ups and situps etc on the carpet.

Me, stuff that, I'm happily dying young! :D

Putting him to work is a pain now. He reckons at 90 he shouldn't be working outside over 90f.
Ridiculous! I advised him the smoke must make it feel like a balmy mist.;):D
He is taking weeks to re-paint the trailer. Only finished grinding, stripping, wire brushing and painting one side so far. Have to commence whipping shortly!
You ain’t right, cut pops some slack

Thanks on that, with the price of the reservoir cover being a little steep, I decided I'd just paint it, so I figured I would just repaint the floorboards too while I'm at it.

Over 12 Million hectares 30,000,000 acres burnt in Oz this fire season, 3000 houses lost 32+ lives and billions of native animals/birds.

:(:(:(:(:banghead:

Looks like the rains are a coming now and next we will see bloody floods........ Fires don't come near me but the floods hit our city of Logan hard we got 2 major rivers and they flood every year just worse in some years. Good to hear the fires dodged you Ishrub, sad about those American firefighters in the plane crash, poor buggers come here to help us and get killed, total tragedy!!

Back