Dennis B.

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer
Had a 2 questions for my fellow Rocketeers who have done some mods to their beast...
1) I want to shorten the front and rear fenders and I want to know the best method including the right tools for the job.

2) I want to do an air box bypass and want to know, besides getting the 3 air filters, is there anything else I would need to do? ie: sensors, hoses, etc.

Had a 2 questions for my fellow Rocketeers who have done some mods to their beast...
1) I want to shorten the front and rear fenders and I want to know the best method including the right tools for the job.

2) I want to do an air box bypass and want to know, besides getting the 3 air filters, is there anything else I would need to do? ie: sensors, hoses, etc.
UH not good for riding in the wet thats why they have fenders dont cut them too short

Dennis, an alternative to bobbing the front tin would be to source the front tin from a Hayabusa, color match it to your bike, drill two new mounting holes and bada bing!

As far as the intake mod it seam the Ram Air filter system is the top dog at this time. It comes with everything you need. You can buy it for $149 delivered directly from Ram Air. Google it.

Of course to get the real benefit of a filter change, you need to modify your exhaust. Some kind of different than stock. Triumph TORS, D&D, exc... and many other choices are available. Then either a retune or dyno tune or a fuel modulator of some type. I recommend the Dobeck Performance AFR Plus because it gives you what you need without the need for retune or dyno tuning.

Last edited:
As far as the intake mod it seam the Ram Air filter system is the top dog at this time. I comes with everything you need. You can buy it for $149 delivered directly from Ram Air. Google it.

Of course to get the real benefit of a filter change, you need to modify your exhaust. Some kind of different than stock. Triumph TORS, D&D, exc... and many other choices are available. Then either a retune or dyno tune or a fuel modulator of some type. I recommend the Dobeck Performance AFR Plus because it gives you what you need without the need for retune or dyno tuning.
YOULL always make the most power if you get your bike Dyno tuned

Back