It was probably her bike pushing fuel out. We would have noticed out coming out of the can at stops. It seemed more pronounced when cornering.

Folks noticed that from my bike immediately after filling in Floyd, VA. One CAN overfill the tank, and with the evaporative emissions canister removed, the excess goes right on the ground.

Folks noticed that from my bike immediately after filling in Floyd, VA. One CAN overfill the tank, and with the evaporative emissions canister removed, the excess goes right on the ground.

For God's sake, don't let Hillary-> find that out :whitstling:

Gas can on board full of gas, rich tunes, over filling, but nobodies bike burst into flames ..... let's just say it was our imagination.

My Evap system for now is still installed, but given the heat and the quite full tank, I guess it would be easily overwhelmed. It will come out whenever I get round to fitting my new rectifier. I should get in the habit of not adding more fuel after the nozzle first splashes some up. Even though gas isn't particularly expensive these days, I'd like not to just pour it on the ground....unless I am burning out some ground bees.

My Evap system for now is still installed, but given the heat and the quite full tank, I guess it would be easily overwhelmed. It will come out whenever I get round to fitting my new rectifier. I should get in the habit of not adding more fuel after the nozzle first splashes some up. Even though gas isn't particularly expensive these days, I'd like not to just pour it on the ground....unless I am burning out some ground bees.

Doesn't your RT have a ledge inside the tank that you should fill to - not above it to the neck?

Doesn't your RT have a ledge inside the tank that you should fill to - not above it to the neck?

Well there's a baffle or something in there. But with the bike leaning on the kickstand, I am never sure if a little more will fit, and if I drizzle some in, it settles back down, and I figure well, it's working it's way over to the low side. May one or two drizzle downs are plenty.

Old habits die hard -- from my flying days -- where the saying goes, "You can't use fuel you don't have", I want every last little bit in there.

I have done that a couple times, but only when I know the next fuel is 180 or more miles away AND I shall not be stopping for 100 miles.

Back