JoseyR3Wales

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Victory Vision Tour
Mount Airy (Mayberry), North Carolina.

September 21 through the 25, 2016.

Our brother rider UKALUM93 (?) has said that he will check for room discounts as he lives nearest to the event. EXCELLENT riding opportunities in the area from the Parkway and Mabry Mill to Floyd, VA. and music, food destinations too. Mountain Mans roadside market in Fancy Gap is a must stop.

Pilot Mountain (Mount Pilot in the show) is a great ride to the top with beautiful views.

We're going, hope to see y'all there. I ain't cooking for or coordinating this event. This should not be considered the OFFICIAL RAA event. JR3W.

That would be awesome. Lots of great riding in the area. 30 miles up the BRP is the Chateau Morrisette Winery with some of the best views in the area. Just a few more miles up is the Tuggles Gap Restaurant which is a local m/c pit stop.

Here's a nearby route that is fantastic: Google Maps

+1 on that. Probably wouldn't do a u turn at Hungry Mother though. Just half way through the fun stuff on 16 at that point. Keep going to 604 (its ONLY a couple of miles of dirt) then cut back on 91 to 601 back to 16 and ride it the other way.

Probably going to want somebody quicker in the turns than me leading it though. :cautious:

Mount Airy (Mayberry), North Carolina.

September 21 through the 25, 2016.

Our brother rider UKALUM93 (?) has said that he will check for room discounts as he lives nearest to the event. EXCELLENT riding opportunities in the area from the Parkway and Mabry Mill to Floyd, VA. and music, food destinations too. Mountain Mans roadside market in Fancy Gap is a must stop.

Pilot Mountain (Mount Pilot in the show) is a great ride to the top with beautiful views.

We're going, hope to see y'all there. I ain't cooking for or coordinating this event. This should not be considered the OFFICIAL RAA event. JR3W.

I suspect that me and the missus will be in on this one Glen. Just a 3 hour blast on the slab for us.

Back