Want to Buy Luggage rack

Attachments

• IMG_20230927_092354.jpg
    IMG_20230927_092354.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230927_092328.jpg
    IMG_20230927_092328.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 13
Yeah about 5 from memory at least 4 new with backrests. I saw them last week in my storage unit which I am about to tackle another re-sort and dispose of before doing 3 x 2500 mile transcontinental tow trips to my bush block up in the tropics. I still have heaps of factory Triumph Rocket III and Touring stuff new and used, dual and solo factory, Corbin and Mustang seats, quick detach screens of all sizes, and spotlights and panniers and wheels, switchgear.

Only some Thunderbird racks fit Rocket Tourings, one of the other Thunderbird variant racks fits the Rocket III Std Classic and Roadster too but not the Tourings and others fit neither.

I have posted details of part nos and other crossfitting screens many times in the past. Lists of parts I may still have are at the end of my R3Touring thread which I posted after I wrote it off last year. Screens covered page 8.

Yeah about 5 from memory at least 4 new with backrests. I saw them last week in my storage unit which I am about to tackle another re-sort and dispose of before doing 3 x 2500 mile transcontinental tow trips to my bush block up in the tropics. I still have heaps of factory Triumph Rocket III and Touring stuff new and used, dual and solo factory, Corbin and Mustang seats, quick detach screens of all sizes, and spotlights and panniers and wheels, switchgear.

Only some Thunderbird racks fit Rocket Tourings, one of the other Thunderbird variant racks fits the Rocket III Std Classic and Roadster too but not the Tourings and others fit neither.

I have posted details of part nos and other crossfitting screens many times in the past. Lists of parts I may still have are at the end of my R3Touring thread which I posted after I wrote it off last year. Screens covered page 8.

Hi Ish, ive manged to get a rack from a harley fat boy to fit, Just had to re drill the bolt holes to 8.5mm. Im still interested in the triumph rack and a spot light kit too, sent you a p.m. a while back but not sure if you got it? if you could p.m. me the costs that would be great 👍

Hi Ish, ive manged to get a rack from a harley fat boy to fit, Just had to re drill the bolt holes to 8.5mm. Im still interested in the triumph rack and a spot light kit too, sent you a p.m. a while back but not sure if you got it? if you could p.m. me the costs that would be great 👍
Yeah sorry, lots of upheaval lately with the mid 90's oldies in and out of care, and dealing with other maddening relatives but I will re-read your PM, go out to my storage this week, grab both, check postage and reply. I really do need to rid myself of some of this stuff before I do my first relocating trip next month and last around mid next year.

Got a new factory RIII Touring rack in the car, along with some light sets.
I have both types:
Euro UK lamps with diffuser lenses or clear lenses as used on USA/Can/ models. Both come stock with 35w Halogen bulbs. A good upgrade of 4.5" LED inserts will fit straight into the factory lamp shells to reduce power use of 35 w Halogen and excessive heat from lamp glass if you touch even after they turn off.
No where near as hot as the old chromed metal projector lens versions for the dual headlight Rockets, those could melt plastic if touched.

The USA lamp type has a toggle switch on one lamp, I think fitted on left in USA for LHD road use. I was going to use that toggle lamp on my RHS for our RHD roads.
In Oz/NZ/UK design rules stipulate that both auxiliary lamps MUST extinguish with the headlight dimmer switch, but on the road you have to get caught if they want to book you and going by the complete lack of interest most h'way patrol cars here in Oz show re single headlight cars and single tail/brake light cars in general I was going to give it a go. I may find because I have an OZ/UK/Cyprus/NZ wiring loom that it may still be overridden by dimmer switch which is fine by me too. It also allows a more side directed toggled lamp to cover animals on verges.

In USA I presume you can simply toggle off your LH lamp.
SOMEBODY following the thread will know from experience and chime in!

Looks like I have brought home:
1x brand new Triumph RIII Touring rack

Factory lamp install guides ( unlike the Rocket III dual headlights, the switch gear is already installed in stock RIII Tourings - just plug and play)
3x brand new Triumph chrome shell lamps and chrome front rings.
1x brand new Triumph chrome shell lamp with USA/Can toggle switch and chrome front ring.
3x brand new Triumph UK/AUST/NZ diffused auxiliary 35w Halogen inserts
3x brand new Triumph clear USA auxiliary 35w Halogen inserts.
2x brand new aftermarket LED lamp inserts (complete insert like Daymaker not just LED H1 replacement bulbs).
1x brand new Triumph main wiring harness/relay
3x brand new Triumph lamp wiring cables
2x brand new Triumph T mounts for lamps (and your existing RIIIT front indicators) with Triumph adaption bolt/bracket kits.

I have more used stuff to complete another set with the bulk of leftover new bits from above that I will be keeping for now.

I someone else just requires a single/pair chrome lamp shells, chrome rings and H1 diffused or clear inserts I am happy to sell my surplus new and used ones.

I am no photographer and hate friggin phones! ;):eek:
Fogs and rack 1.jpg
Fogs and rack 2.jpg

Last edited:
Got a new factory RIII Touring rack in the car, along with some light sets.
I have both types:
Euro UK lamps with diffuser lenses or clear lenses as used on USA/Can/ models. Both come stock with 35w Halogen bulbs. A good upgrade of 4.5" LED inserts will fit straight into the factory lamp shells to reduce power use of 35 w Halogen and excessive heat from lamp glass if you touch even after they turn off.
No where near as hot as the old chromed metal projector lens versions for the dual headlight Rockets, those could melt plastic if touched.

The USA lamp type has a toggle switch on one lamp, I think fitted on left in USA for LHD road use. I was going to use that toggle lamp on my RHS for our RHD roads.
In Oz/NZ/UK design rules stipulate that both auxiliary lamps MUST extinguish with the headlight dimmer switch, but on the road you have to get caught if they want to book you and going by the complete lack of interest most h'way patrol cars here in Oz show re single headlight cars and single tail/brake light cars in general I was going to give it a go. I may find because I have an OZ/UK/Cyprus/NZ wiring loom that it may still be overridden by dimmer switch which is fine by me too. It also allows a more side directed toggled lamp to cover animals on verges.

In USA I presume you can simply toggle off your LH lamp.
SOMEBODY following the thread will know from experience and chime in!

Looks like I have brought home:
1x brand new Triumph RIII Touring rack

Factory lamp install guides ( unlike the Rocket III dual headlights, the switch gear is already installed in stock RIII Tourings - just plug and play)
3x brand new Triumph chrome shell lamps and chrome front rings.
1x brand new Triumph chrome shell lamp with USA/Can toggle switch and chrome front ring.
3x brand new Triumph UK/AUST/NZ diffused auxiliary 35w Halogen inserts
3x brand new Triumph clear USA auxiliary 35w Halogen inserts.
2x brand new aftermarket LED lamp inserts (complete insert like Daymaker not just LED H1 replacement bulbs).
1x brand new Triumph main wiring harness/relay
3x brand new Triumph lamp wiring cables
2x brand new Triumph T mounts for lamps (and your existing RIIIT front indicators) with Triumph adaption bolt/bracket kits.

I have more used stuff to complete another set with the bulk of leftover new bits from above that I will be keeping for now.

I someone else just requires a single/pair chrome lamp shells, chrome rings and H1 diffused or clear inserts I am happy to sell my surplus new and used ones.

I am no photographer and hate friggin phones! ;):eek:
Fogs and rack 1.jpg
Fogs and rack 2.jpg
HI Ish, looks good to me. It's for the uk 👍

Back