Luckenbach Too Big For Bikers

RidinSunshine

Turbocharged
Luckenbach seems to be getting more and more unfriendly to Bikers. It used to be our favorite hangout and rehydrate place on the weekends. But it seems like every time we try to go they are doing something to discourage us. Charging a day cover and then around 5pm charging another cover. And on top of this the last couple of times we have tried to stop in they won't let the bikes park were they have parked for years and years and years. They are making us park in the big lot out back with the cars! How are we to keep an eye on the bike or show it off if it way out there!?!

So we are back to hanging out in Albert for short periods of time. Unfortunatly it is a bit off of the beaten path so all of the other bikers haven't found it yet. Plus, the darn little town is up for sale again. But they are biker friendly and have really big shade trees with lots of picnic tables under them and clean bathrooms.

Now that stinks... I can't believe they would do that.. I'm pretty sure most of their income comes from bikers?..

I've enjoyed Albert the few times I've been... :) Wish I could afford to buy it!.. hahaha..

Yeh, they had the Hot Rod show and custom something or other this past Saturday. I have been to that before and they lined the show stuff up all along the creek. Included bikes that were showing. The normal biker traffic was still able to enter at the front entrance and park in the up front and center lot in front of the store. But this year they wouldn't let us in and said we had to park out back. Several weeks ago we had tried to go hang out and they made us park out back and wanted us to pay $15 cover at 2pm and then at 5pm they were going to charge us another $25. Both times we just left. Took long routes to Albert and then hung out there long enough for some rehydration and shade tree. Used to be we would ride differant routes to Luckenbach and hang out a couple of hours then ride other roads and end up at Albert for awhile. Then maybe take another route back to Luckenbach before heading home. We did this almost every Saturday and/or Sunday.

I guess we will have to find another home.:eek:

Well that sucks to hear I always liked Luckenbach I though it was a quaint little tourist trap and a great place for a beer. But to charge a cover, for what the honor to spend three bucks for a beer and write your name in the guest book ,Hondo must be spinning in his grave .

Oh I am sure he is! Just seems like they are trying real hard to turn a biker hangout into a HUGE tourist trap! I guess it is good for them. But really makes me angry!

We already had to watch the tourists and small children that they didn't bother the bikes. There is no way I am parking my beauty in the back lot! I remember one time...I thought Bear was going to go to jail for killing a kid that was throwing rocks at the bikes. Wasn't our bikes, thank goodness! But didn't matter to my Bear! You just don't violate someone's bike like that. I think he scared the parents pretty bad, threatened them about not stopping their kid from throwing the rocks...

Yea some peoples kids , no respect for other peoples stuff. Lucky I wasn't there I would have had a few choice words for the parents as well.

FIRST RULE OF LIFE: If it aint yours dont touch it or mess with it in any way especially when it comes to motorcycles.

by the way where is this alberts and what are they asking for it?

Wow 595k thats not bad at all and actually I think Ive ridden thru there once or twice . But for thirteen acres and a 3 bedroom house and a bar and dance hall thats not to bad a price . But alias me owning a bar would be like a kid owning a candy factory, I would end up drinking all the stock.:D

The guy that bought it a few years ago was planning on putting in some cabins and camping area I think. Was going to be a great place for rallys. But I had heard that his daddy quit giving him money to use on the place, so he had it up for sale for long time. Then I heard someone else had bought it. When we were there this past Saturday, I saw a really large sign saying the town of Albert was for sale. Didn't get a good look at the sign other than that.

Back