Knocking from the front

Oldwarrior

08 Touring
Ride
08 Rocket iii touring
Ok I had a clutch issue took it to the dealer an 1.5 hours away. after riding about 6 hours on it I got a intermitted banging from the front. I checked several times for something lose and found nothing lose on the forks ect.
So I thought it was internal probably the clutch Took off the clutch pan and couldn't find any tell tail marks or anything lose.
only found slight marks on the clutch basket but it barely seems enough to justifies the banging I heard also I cant think of any thing it would hit against...
I noticed it wasn't all over the basket.
all I can think of is to put her back together if it continues take her to another shop.
IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg
IMG_2070.jpg
IMG_2071.jpg
IMG_2073.jpg
IMG_2074.jpg
IMG_2075.jpg

It looks like its missing 1 steel and 1 fibre. Have you counted ? the lifter is not right.

Last edited:
Ok I had a clutch issue took it to the dealer an 1.5 hours away. after riding about 6 hours on it I got a intermitted banging from the front. I checked several times for something lose and found nothing lose on the forks ect.
So I thought it was internal probably the clutch Took off the clutch pan and couldn't find any tell tail marks or anything lose.
only found slight marks on the clutch basket but it barely seems enough to justifies the banging I heard also I cant think of any thing it would hit against...
I noticed it wasn't all over the basket.
all I can think of is to put her back together if it continues take her to another shop.
IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg
IMG_2070.jpg
IMG_2071.jpg
IMG_2073.jpg
IMG_2074.jpg
IMG_2075.jpg
Roll that lifter shaft over for better picture on seat, its upside down in picture

How much clearance does the clutches have?
if the cushion spring is in backward or left out that could be your problem

Ok. Long time no posts from me. I had a terrible knocking from the clutch at low speed when feathering it. Did it from new. When fitting a Barnett clutch i found the shock absorber spring was fitted wrong way round. Hard to see in manual. Turned it round and since then many happy miles and not one knock. Was so bad i thought it was driveshaft lash or something else serious not a little sprung steel ring put in wrong. Maybe your problem?

Ok. Long time no posts from me. I had a terrible knocking from the clutch at low speed when feathering it. Did it from new. When fitting a Barnett clutch i found the shock absorber spring was fitted wrong way round. Hard to see in manual. Turned it round and since then many happy miles and not one knock. Was so bad i thought it was driveshaft lash or something else serious not a little sprung steel ring put in wrong. Maybe your problem?
are you talking about the 5 springs holding the basket in?

Back