Kisan signalminder

I've got the signalminder, not sure if it is that one.

Like a lot of people I have a bad habit of forgetting

to turn the signals off after a turn.The signalminder

takes care of that, but whats ironic is that now you have to make sure the

switch is on.What I mean is that normally you would push the button

on the switch after a turn, but with the minder the signal goes off after

so many seconds without pushing the button, so now you have to

remember to push the button on the switch or the signal will not activate.

At first it was annoying but I got used to it and I like it.

I'm more interested in it to set up the rear signals as running lights.
I see in the Kisan manual that there is a spring to install in the handlebar switch which returns it after cancellation...did you do these things? How did the wiring go?

About to install the running light option with the signalminder but see that the Kisan and bike manual show different color codes for the signal and brake wires. Any idea what the correct colors are?

Re: signal minder

screwloose said:
For the most part, the springs that come with the kit are redundant.
Stock Triumph turn signals have return springs built into the assembly. What you need to get rid of is the LATCHING mechanism.
If you disassemble the the left pod that contains the horn, headlights and turn signal switches, you'll find a square white nylon package that is the turn signal switch. It takes removing a couple anchor screws that hold down the horn and headlight assembly to get to this, as well as cutting the wire tie that secures the wire bundle to the housing. Lots of small parts here, try not to lose anything. Gentle prying with a screwdriver will remove the cover to the turn signal block, and you'll see the guts. Don't worry about the copper plates, just re-insert them if they fall out... what your interested in is the center of the unit. Work the switch back & forth as you watch, you'll see there are two nylon plates with extrusions that look like the end of a crochet hook ( ask your wife).
These are the latching mechanisms; if you work the switch a couple of times, they are obvious. Take a pair of fingernail clippers, and trim these off as close as you can come to having a smooth flat plate. The switch no longer latches, and that's what you want.
If you don't convert the switch to a non-latching state, you will STILL have to hit the center cancel button after every time you use the signal before the minder will kick in; also, because the other modes ( 4-ways, etc require several quick momentary contacts to activate; it's difficult to successfully activate them ( it really DOES take just four pushes to activate the 4-ways). It can be done, but try doing that quickly while you're holding down the center button so it doesn't latch... not easy even when stopped.
The switch mechanism on the Rocket and the Bonneville T100 is virtually identical, and Ive installed a minder on both bikes.. works great. total time is 'way less than an hour.

John

Thanks John - I have 'em on my RIII and Bonnie, and will convert the switches now...appreciate it!

Back