Its Official, no 150 mph for now!

T Evans

Supercharged
I just got back from taking the beast for its 1st spin since I installed the triples and the T/B. I also corrected the speedo with the T/B. Been stuck in the garage for the past 2 weeks with snow on the roads. Its about 38 outside but the roads are dry.
The bike runs like a raped ape, now I have the power to take it up over 140 mph trying to reach that elusive 150 mph that I have been shooting for. However now at around 130 or so the bike starts dancing around. I am guessing that the aerodynamics of the Corbin fairing is not suited for those kind of speeds. It doesn't have a high speed wobble, its more like a slow rolling action. Its like the front end is lifting and then setting back down.
None the less, I really am pleased with the way the bike runs now.
I found out there is another reason for the riders back rest. It doesn't just serve as a device to relax against on long trips. It also helps keep the rider on the bike when he hits second gear and yanks his left hand off the handle bar.
I guess I could remove the fairing and take it out and give it a whirl and see how it does without it. I probably will when I get ready to install the handlebar risers.
And yes you can hear the throttle bodies sucking for air when you open them up. But under normal riding, I don't seem to be able to hear anything different..
When I installed the PC3 it smoothed out the engine and eliminated the decel pop that I had. Now with this T/B tune, 20145 jardine fixed tune, the decel pop is back. Its not so bad that I can't live with it. Maybe I will get the nerve to try to go in and increase the fuel where it needs it using the T/B at a later date.

Big T

Don't tempt the fates with that fairing on, T. I enjoy your contributions here and look forward to reading them for a long time to come.

A buck forty + is nothing to sneeze at on anything. I dont think you'd be digging any speed past 80-90 naked though. Keep posting progress and keep it as safe as you can....:gp:

According to our friends across the pond, the Tiger 1050 has a top speed of right at 155 mph. However, the folks that have done it say it's a pretty tense ride. One corrected the wobble with a stabilizer. I've run mine to almost 130 and I too started to get a little wobble at that speed. I went as stiff as possible on the suspension and feel it could stand to be even stiffer for that speed. A stablizer would be a welcomed add on if I wanted to ride that way frequently. I don't so I'm good and the suspension is fine for the type of riding I do. I can't imagine the Rocket not needing a stabilzer on the steering as the suspension on it isn't exactly the best for that kind of riding either. It's like the NAPCAR guys say, power is one thing, getting it to the rear wheels and getting the car to handle is another.

Back