Flip...... Sounds like you're working way too much and way too hard. Maybe you could get your farm put under the "Federal Land Bank" and they'll just pay you not to farm! Is that program still active?

P.S. Shame on you if you don't have GPS hooked up so you'll get those pretty straight lines every time!

Of course the program is active. Gummit handout programs never die. It's porkbarrel politics..

I don't row crop. Cutting forage is just like a haircut and straight isn't important. Forage prices are through the roof around here. Over 4 bucks for current first cut square bales. GPS is great if you are fitting large tracts.....

We are cutting everything including fallow fields and backlots. It all turns to ****te anyway.:D

There is a JD at school with autosteer and full programing. I ran it a little last week. You program the unit, it's called Greenstar or something like that. You basically sit in the tractor and it drives itself. The only thing you have to do is keep an eye on your tool......(your mounted implement, that is). I set the row spacing at 12 feet, the tractor came to the end of the parking lot, throttled down and executed a 12 foot turn and headed back, got to the other end and did it again, exactly 12 foot each time. The unit installed is 35 thousad bucks plus you have to pay a monthly charge to access the service, much like a cell phone payment.

Buncha nancies!

T draggr, I saw you twice yesterday. Once getting gas at sheetz and I waved to you as you drove passed my house.

Here in Southern California this week it's been right around 100 all week. And said to get hotter this weekend. I've ridden every day to and from work. I typically wear my boots, leather jacket and leather gloves with just a standard pair of jeans. Yesterday I strapped my jacket to the sissybar rack (which took some creative rolling and securing) and rode the 30 or so miles home in the heat.

Arms sun burned, face has my goggle pattern (I look like a raccoon). I'm gonna do it again today. :cool:

Back