Instrument modes: Your choice is?

Forgot to add I have auto contrast on the theme I posted, it switches to nighttime mode in my garage but is white background in daylight..
Like mine, at 530am when I leave it looks like yours. Probably could not see it it bright sun in the dark mode.

IMO the instrument cluster is the biggest shortcoming of the 2020 Rocket. The bike is really thoughtfully engineered & designed but the borrowed instrument package is just too small. When designing something scale is everything. Imagine the Rocket with the rear tire borrowed from the Bobber. It would be out of scale and look ridiculous. I wish Triumph would offer something more substantial in future model years so we could trash the 2020 package and retrofit.

Funny how we are different. I like the smaller, less assuming dash. It has all the info I want. Only caveat is if I had module for gps, then only showing a portion of the screen would not be good.

...Looks like we all seem to prefer just the basics.
1-Speedometer. In a perfect world your bank would round up your account balance 10%, just like your speedo does on your Rocket3.
2-Tach: There's something very satisfying about he speedo reading 90 while your tach yawns 3000rpm. Makes your buddy on the Ninja sound like he's riding a caffeinated squirrell.
3-Fuel gauge: First half tells you you've come 65 miles and you have exactly 37 1/2 miles to go before you have to start begging or pushing.
4-Temp gauge: Tells you your 2500cc engine temp is normal. And that your roasted inner thighs are normal, so quit whining.

Most of the other 68 bits of data we don't seem to care so much about, we're kind of busy trying to ride this big mama, enjoying the rush and trying to look cool while managing a locomotive that doesn't seem to notice the grade it's climbing.

Reading the manual I came across a reference to a "Lean Angle Indicator". Oooooo, technology! Turns our those are those little nobs sticking out and under your foot pegs. You know, the ones you grind down the first few hundred miles of riding your Rocket3? Some things never change...

Last edited:
the borrowed instrument package is just too small
I think it's too big and looks like a children's toy... The instrument modes look good, but the whole unit is too big and plastic and doesn't fit the style of the bike. Perhaps they could keep the LCD and do something about the outer styling.
Ideally, I'd prefer one or two round clocks on this bike, but LCD screen makes that difficult of course.

Opinions, opinions... :)

It's quite handy, even if I don't look at it every 5 minutes.

Back