I'm almost ready to take the plunge

m49512

Standard Bore
Hallo all. I am the current owner of a 2004 R1150R and a wonderful Speed Triple. I am seriously considering the R3 because I want to make some long trips, and the R is just a little uncomfortable (it's not the seat...it's the general position on the bike)...plus I think I'm ready for something a little more "cruiser" like (but definately not a HD). So...give it to me. Tell me why I shouldn't get an R3...or better yet...tell me why I should. I'm waiting...

Easy answers for the R/3

Speed, torque, comfort, looks, handling, and there is not one sitting on every block. Go to your dealer and talk a long test drive.

Ditto to what Britman said, plus you don't have to dress like a pirate to ride one.;) I've got 8000 trouble free miles on mine and my only major complaint is that the pillion portion of the seat sucks. I guess all of the British women have small booties. Other than that I love the bike.

Your wait is over. I'll tell ya right from the horses mouth so to speak. I just put down over 2500 miles, 2585 to be exact and my old butt never got sore, well, a little tender the first day, but after that, no problem. Get a Classic with the touring seat and some bags. Add a CruiserBag to lean on and the big windshield and lowers and you are good to go. It's a bagger with balls, BIG balls.

I had zero problems on the trip to Nashville and back and I never had to worry about not enough power. Hell, I never even checked the oil level the whole time.

Don't procrastinate, go get it. You only live once. do yourself a favor. Besides, you can ride with us next year at our 2008 Rally.

You came to the right place to push you in the direction of a Rocket.

I had an S3 before the Rocket and found the Rocket to be a good "compromise" or "transition" bike. Still plenty of power to get you in trouble and give you your required dose of adrenaline but subtle enough to lazily putt around town.

Update. So yesterday was a huge day. I am all Triumph now. In my garage now sits my S3, and a brand spankin new R3. I never thought I would ever own a cruiser...ever...especially one as heavy as this one...but there she sits, my new baby! What a smooth drive. All the power I could ask for (usable power, that is) in a big bike. Endless torque. Beautiful (in my eyes) looks. And so much more. My wifey is even pleased I got it (oh boy...don't you know I was worried about that)! I am stoked! :D

you're lucky...

Update. So yesterday was a huge day. I am all Triumph now. In my garage now sits my S3, and a brand spankin new R3. I never thought I would ever own a cruiser...ever...especially one as heavy as this one...but there she sits, my new baby! What a smooth drive. All the power I could ask for (usable power, that is) in a big bike. Endless torque. Beautiful (in my eyes) looks. And so much more. My wifey is even pleased I got it (oh boy...don't you know I was worried about that)! I am stoked! :D

...I have to wait until next week to pick mine up.

Good luck. Tell us all about your new bike.

John

Back