IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO RIDE THROUGH FRANCE

Wondering if they had CE-approved gloves? They just finished up this 3 week event last Sunday:rolleyes:

that is a nice picture ! and there is plenty of this kind of scenery in the alps ad not just in france my favorite the road in and out of cortina d'ampezzo norther italy

tdf.png

The breathalyser law has actually been postponed indefinitely because there are not adequate supplies of them available in France! :rolleyes: The gloves law on the other hand is a PIA....won't be complying when I come over next month
Do I need to carry a breathalyser in my vehicle? - Brittany Ferries
Good to know - though now I have a pair of breathalyser it's no hassle. The French need a Halfords. They had loads last year. And at a fiver a pop - I can't say it's an issue. The Poole Cherbourg ferry had them too.

The Spanish did the same with reflective vests (in cars etc) for a time, due to lack of supply - then without any warning - reinstated it.

Gloves - as it transpires the gloves I would use for comforts sake for longer runs in summer are approved. But is a PIA.

Good to know - though now I have a pair of breathalyser it's no hassle. The French need a Halfords. They had loads last year. And at a fiver a pop - I can't say it's an issue. The Poole Cherbourg ferry had them too.

The Spanish did the same with reflective vests (in cars etc) for a time, due to lack of supply - then without any warning - reinstated it.

Gloves - as it transpires the gloves I would use for comforts sake for longer runs in summer are approved. But is a PIA.
where does this intrusion in our life stops !! pretty soon we also will have to wear approved underwear and socks and god knows what else ..

I think that it will be useful to have some explainations about all that :
Politics in France want to discourage people to ride and since more than 30 years they try to put in application laws against bike practice !

The ethylotest thingy is arrived because a fellow of sarkosy ( a former president of France) had a factory who built these ethylotest .
But sarkosy is no more president and the factory too small , ie unable to have mass production so this law become irrevelant !

That was the same with reflective jackets . the french governement had wanted to oblige us to ride with these ridiculous things
the french federation of angry riders ( FFMC federation francaise des motards en colere) had organized many demonstrations(appearances)
in all the country . And politics had go backway . We must not wear these stupidities but we must have one (or 2 if pillion) in the toolbox
of the bike .

Unfortunatly the thing about gloves is true but we , at the FFMC , have boycotted this law ! and call for the civil disobedience .

But you all foreigners riders don't have to care a pin of all these bull**** : politics want that the main industry in France will be
tourism so the cops have order to not bother strangers !

By the way if a cop want trouble with you , speak to him in english ! There is the same proportion of french cops who can speak english
than your ( US , british or Aussy ) cops who are able to speak french !

Back