I love it when a plan comes together

T Evans

Supercharged
Well it has been a small adventure getting this bike where I want it. But time, patience and a lot of help from some very special people here on the site. I started with a used 06 Classic we purchased off of ebay back in June. The bike was jumping in second gear under hard acceleration when it arrived from Reno, NV. Not an honest guy that we bought from. I took the bike to a great dealer in OKC, OK, Performance Cycle that was able to get Triumph to do the Up Grade Kit for me at absolutly no cost to me. The bike had Jardine exhaust with Corbin bags and fairing. Will at the dealer, I had a new 225 c/t installed. I installed the GIPro ATRE and removed the secondaries. I then installed the PC III. Because the Classic's are restricted from the factory to top out at 125 mph. I realized that I was going to need a T/B to over come this restriction. Ken from this site aka Stripes was very nice and sold me his T/B. I purchased the triple K&N's and installed them. Brian, aka Pig9R took of his time and sent me a few tunes to try. The bike ran great but had a pretty bad popping on decel. I contacted Brian and he sent me a new tune to try last Friday. I installed it on Sat. morning and went for about 150 ride.
Me and a couple buddies left out of town just to be pulled over by one of Oklahoma's finest black and white units. Something about 81 in a 65. He walked up with some what of an attitude but after I told him the sad story of being locked in the house for the last month or so and not being able to ride and that I was just excited about being abile to get out and get a little ride in. He only gave us a warning.
After 150 miles and a huge grin on my face and my buddies getting tired of trying to stay up with me, we made it back to the house with out getting stopped again.
This tune that Brian sent done the trick. The bike runs like a raped ape and just a nice little rumble on decel. Thanks again Brian, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help.
I did have to stop and get gas and found that I went 105 miles on 4.45 gal of gas. You do the math. Thats a little better than 23 mpg and I love it. I'm sure that it will do better when I settle down and start riding like a civilized human being instead of a crazed mad man. If it will get close to 30 under normal riding I will happy. If it doesn't I might look for a little different tune.
I still haven't hit the 150 mph yet that I've being looking for but 135 is pretty close. If there are other captains that are running the Corbin fairing and able to run speeds up around the 145 or 150, I would like to visit with you. I just don't think the areodynamics are there for those kind of speeds with a Corbin fairing.
Right now I have got it where I want it and " I Love It When A Plan Comes Together"

Big T

Well it has been a small adventure getting this bike where I want it. But time, patience and a lot of help from some very special people here on the site. I started with a used 06 Classic we purchased off of ebay back in June. The bike was jumping in second gear under hard acceleration when it arrived from Reno, NV. Not an honest guy that we bought from. I took the bike to a great dealer in OKC, OK, Performance Cycle that was able to get Triumph to do the Up Grade Kit for me at absolutly no cost to me. The bike had Jardine exhaust with Corbin bags and fairing. Will at the dealer, I had a new 225 c/t installed. I installed the GIPro ATRE and removed the secondaries. I then installed the PC III. Because the Classic's are restricted from the factory to top out at 125 mph. I realized that I was going to need a T/B to over come this restriction. Ken from this site aka Stripes was very nice and sold me his T/B. I purchased the triple K&N's and installed them. Brian, aka Pig9R took of his time and sent me a few tunes to try. The bike ran great but had a pretty bad popping on decel. I contacted Brian and he sent me a new tune to try last Friday. I installed it on Sat. morning and went for about 150 ride.
Me and a couple buddies left out of town just to be pulled over by one of Oklahoma's finest black and white units. Something about 81 in a 65. He walked up with some what of an attitude but after I told him the sad story of being locked in the house for the last month or so and not being able to ride and that I was just excited about being abile to get out and get a little ride in. He only gave us a warning.
After 150 miles and a huge grin on my face and my buddies getting tired of trying to stay up with me, we made it back to the house with out getting stopped again.
This tune that Brian sent done the trick. The bike runs like a raped ape and just a nice little rumble on decel. Thanks again Brian, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help.
I did have to stop and get gas and found that I went 105 miles on 4.45 gal of gas. You do the math. Thats a little better than 23 mpg and I love it. I'm sure that it will do better when I settle down and start riding like a civilized human being instead of a crazed mad man. If it will get close to 30 under normal riding I will happy. If it doesn't I might look for a little different tune.
I still haven't hit the 150 mph yet that I've being looking for but 135 is pretty close. If there are other captains that are running the Corbin fairing and able to run speeds up around the 145 or 150, I would like to visit with you. I just don't think the areodynamics are there for those kind of speeds with a Corbin fairing.
Right now I have got it where I want it and " I Love It When A Plan Comes Together"

Big T

Congrats! Nice looking R3! I've had similar experiences here and have done mods I never would have attempted without this kind of support. :)

Ah, a quote from Hannible,
man that brings back memories in itself.
Can't wait for the movie to come out later this year,
by the time it comes out, we all should be riding..
YEE HAW

Glad you had a good ride T,
I know I sure need one.

Glad it worked for you. I don't want to know how you were riding with that kind of mileage. I've never done that bad/good.

I have hit an indicated 140 mph with the Corbin fairing. Probably could go faster. I can tell when I take it off that it does slow the bike down some or either it feels like I am going faster with the wind hitting me. :D

Brian, you are a real credit to this site and its members. Do you think that I still need to take the bike to a dyno and let them use the PCIII to fine tune the bike?

Thanks again

Big T

I couldn't hurt. You could at least do a dyno run and see where the A/F ratios are at, that way you could determine if it would be worth it for a full on dyno tune.

With the mileage the way it is, you might be a little rich.

I agree 100% on the help brian has provided! (a class act) my bike runs great! in fact i have a lets say a special person! (harley is the only good bike) rider who wants to race me in the spring! found out today he traded in his bike (dyna wide glide 110" screamin eagle motor) on a 110" screamin eagle street glide! dealer is workin on the motor to get more power not sure what! i have not spoken to him in weeks! I think its kinda funny! I told him all i did was jardine exhaust, 3 k&n filters, cut out bearclaw, and fuel remap with tuneboy! he does not believe me! wondering if there is a better tune out now?

Brian, you are a real credit to this site and its members. Do you think that I still need to take the bike to a dyno and let them use the PCIII to fine tune the bike?

Thanks again

Big T

Back