TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
Figured I'd join in here too. I ride a black Rocket III that I picked up the past New Years weekend. It's an early bike, MFD July '04, but only had 123 miles on it as a demo and was offered at a good price. I had been watching and reading everything I could on the R-III since it first broke cover, but never would go get one. I've added the fly screen, Corbin Beetle Bags, and a Corbin rumble seat for those times my wife or kids want to ride.

I even went the other way, and sold my Thunderbird Sport to pick up a Harley Road Glide! My wife already knew when I picked up the Road Glide, that my desire for an R-III
wouldn't go away, so I started the New Year out right and the only thing I regret is waiting so long!. The Road Glide is a great bike, actually has some pretty good pull itself, but I got my driver's license on a Triumph 500 chopper when I was 15, and Triumph has been in my blood every since... :)

Last edited:
Road Glide

Funny. Traded an '06 Road Glide (Pearl Red) for the R3 after an unpleasant experience with the selling dealer and "The Motor Company". It reminded me of an 850 Commando oddly enough. Be sure to tighten your handlebar clamps well, my dealer didn't which led to some difficulties. It's hard to compare the bikes cause when the HD is starting to feel tapped out at 80 on the hiway, the R3 is just getting its stride. Go farther on a tank of gas too. Good luck with your collection. Can never have too many.

Welcome I did a simular thing I danced around the dealers for over a year before I bit the bullet. I owned a Fatboy before the R3 and sold that due to the heavy clutch causing great pain in my wrist. Rather than an operation I have chosen the light weight clutch of the R3 and that ugly but oh so beautiful look. I look at a lot of the parts of my bike and think they individually look a bit how's it goin but all bolted together it looks awesome. I don't think I will ever sell this bike it will just get a side car when my feeble old body can't pick it up anymore. Have a nice day!

Hey TxRIIIRider!! Glad to see ya here!!! Most of us are diehard Trumpy guys... and always will be. I did the Harley thing for awhile and I was always dissapointed that HD didn't really do anything with all that cash it had other than design clothes. I think its starting to catch up with them now....

Tomo

Toystoretom said:
I did the Harley thing for awhile .Tomo

So did I, in the mid-90's, until I realized that no matter the ridiculously expensive modifications, engine mods, carb, ignition, the rear shocks, front uspension, brakes, etc., I was still riding a rolling trompe l' oeil sculpture ;)

WELCOME TxRIIIrIDER

Jamie

Yep, as nice as the Road Glide was.. (I've since sold it for enough to pay for my Rocket.. :) ) I don't miss it at all.

I do still miss my Thunderbird Sport on occaision though, but my Rocket is a keeper for sure. I have the Roadster screen, fly screen, Corbin rumble seat and beetle bags, as well as the stock seats. I like the versatility, switch parts to change the look or get ready for a long trip.

My wife is already eyeballing my Rocket as well.. lol. She just started riding, took the MSF course and is riding a NightHawk 750, which has turned out to a perfect starter bike for her. She did get on the Rocket this weekend and pull it into the garage. After that, she said giver her about 6 months on her 750 and she might try a ride on the Rocket.. :) She's pretty smart about it, so we'll see then.

Back