Hi from the Netherlands

I am Niels from the north west of the netherlands and i own a rocket Classic from 2009.
Hi Niels - Welcome to the nut-house. DETENT SPRING sounds the probable cause, though assume the worst and plan to do more when you open up the engine.

As you will need to remove the radiator - I'd suggest replacing all the radiator hoses (Samco Sport in my case).

If the engine has done a good number of kms - I'd consider replacing the clutch plates.
Also check the lifter piece and arm - they are almost certainly worn.

Hi Niels - Welcome to the nut-house. DETENT SPRING sounds the probable cause, though assume the worst and plan to do more when you open up the engine.

As you will need to remove the radiator - I'd suggest replacing all the radiator hoses (Samco Sport in my case).

If the engine has done a good number of kms - I'd consider replacing the clutch plates.
Also check the lifter piece and arm - they are almost certainly worn.
Hi, all good tips. Thanks. I have 22000 km on the counter, that would be 13670 miles.

Hi, all good tips. Thanks. I have 22000 km on the counter, that would be 13670 miles.
That's low enough to expect less wear. But the hoses for example are now 10 years old. 10 year old rubber that suffers heat cycles - I'd replace.

I was surprised how reasonable the Triumph OEM parts bill was. When you have pictures of the Clutch lifter and arm - just post them - and we can identify if it is the upgraded one - if it is not, then I'd replace it anyway.

If you do the Clutch - Just get a Barnett kit.

Hello Niels and welcome from Virginia. I am looking forward to your remedy to the issue.

Back