Hi from the Netherlands

Niels Schilder

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph Rocket Classic 2009
Hi all,

I am Niels from the north west of the netherlands and i own a rocket Classic from 2009. Gearbox is giving me some troubles and read a threat from Jan and Kieviet, also from the netherlands. Already sent them a message to find out if they van help me out.

Greets from Niels

WELCOME to ya, from WA State! :thumbsup:
Hope you get sorted out.

G'day and welcome. What sort of problem? The answer will be here if you let us know.

btw, manual and electrical diagrams are in my signature.

5F31E2E9-AFD5-4CC4-BFB2-F12C222122C4.jpeg
G'day and welcome. What sort of problem? The answer will be here if you let us know.

btw, manual and electrical diagrams are in my signature.
Hi all,

The problem is as follows. To avoid a critical situation in traffic i had to play with the clutch and lots of revs in second gear. I succeeded but at the next traffic light i noticed that I got between gears when I decreased on the throttle. Shifting up solved the problem but the problem occurred again. Shifting down feels strange, to easy, no contra pressure. Difficult to get into first gear and neutral. Engine runs smoothly, clutch is working fine, no strange noises.

I now have contact with someone in the Netherlands who thinks the problem can be caused by a broken spring in the front end of the engine. This sounds very likely to me. Of course any other suggestions would be welcome.

Regards, Niels.

It could be the detent spring, but I suspect that you may have warped one or more of the steel clutch plates. Either way, check out the detent spring instructions in my signature

Hi Niels and welcome to the forum from the sunny south coast of England. There are many experts on the Rocket here who will be able to help you. There are a couple of 'Masters' at the art of repairing these engines, be it from the manufacturers fault or their own exuberance with the throttle!

Back