I finally test rode the rocket 3 and it is amazing the power it has, handles well, even at slow speeds, shifted real nice, quiet, smooth, great brakes, you can feel the engine some on accelerating, your legs are farther apart with the wide gas tank, but guess you get used to that. Now I have to decide whether to trade in the Bonnie (with no regrets hopefully). I am looking at the 06 classic version, but the demo I rode was a standard version.

Hi everybody

I' m Georg from Frankfurt (Germany) and very new to this really great site. I'm 50 years old and bought my Rocket last year. The mileage is right now some 30.000 km and my Rocket is the best bike I ever had after some previous BMW. Hope to get some nice contacts to you US guys and interesting advise for tuning my Rocket. Next week I will start to install the tuneboy to improve overall performance (torque restrictions etc.) Hope to find some great ideas for my setup, TOR-pipes with catalyst installed....regards (and sorry for my bad english)
Georg (scholle)

You have a tough decision Aselec but the Classic set-up is the best bang for the buck bar none.Hate sounding like a dang salesman.:mad:You have to work it out yourself and now I'll shut up cause I'm biased.:D

Welcome Sholle,nice to have you here and don't worry about your english,I'm still trying to figure it out.Don't know the rules of Germany with mods but if it wont get you in trouble get rid of that catbox and put in a cat-bypass pipe.Other than that you are well on your way with the TOR's and Tuneboy.

Welcome Scholle. Your English is better than my German. Tuneboy would be the way to go. It is the only way to change the german restricted power tune. If you like the Rocket III now, wait until you load a performance tune.:D

Back