Arron Pelling

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 roadster
I recently purchased a brand-new Rocket Roadster and i was just giving it a good clean before i took it in for its first service. To my horror i have found oil weeping from the crank case. I looked at a service manual i had bought on cd to see how big a job it will be to repair the leak and it looks to be an engine removal and complete split of the crank case as the oil is leaking from the left longitudinal joint between the upper and lower case's incorporating the crank and gearbox shaft. I am not sure how this is going to turn out as i am not happy with the idea of the engine being pulled down. It will feel a bit second hand after that for a bike that is brand new at less than a month old. Does anyone know how Triumph will deal with it, would they try to fix it or do you think they would bite the bullet and replace it as it is such a big job?

Hi Arron and welcome to the forum from one of the Brits. Wow, that must be a devastating find on a new machine. Laws in Australia and UK will be different but you should have a very strong case for a replacement. This is something that will be better answered by one of the many guys from Australia here on the Forum. As an example, my son bought a Honda 750x something or other - the lazy B'stards auto bike which we call a scooter - gear box wasn't functioning quite as it should do. Reported it within a week and new bike after 3.

Hi Arron and welcome to the forum from one of the Brits. Wow, that must be a devastating find on a new machine. Laws in Australia and UK will be different but you should have a very strong case for a replacement. This is something that will be better answered by one of the many guys from Australia here on the Forum. As an example, my son bought a Honda 750x something or other - the lazy B'stards auto bike which we call a scooter - gear box wasn't functioning quite as it should do. Reported it within a week and new bike after 3.
I hope i am that lucky. It is booked in for its 800km service on Wednesday and i sent the dealership an email last night to forward onto the service department as a heads up to what i have found so i hope that i might have put the ball in motion by the time they see the leak. I told them i havent cleaned off the oil so they can see it for themselves

Welcome from Florida.Definately take the bike back to the stealer and if that is the problem demand another bike!

Welcome from Florida.Definately take the bike back to the stealer and if that is the problem demand another bike!
Thanks for the welcome guys. This wasn't how i expected to enter a forum with a new bike but i hope it ends well

Shame! Any finance company would have a big interest in a report of a faulty new product. They have a vested interest and a lot of clout when it comes to the complaints department.

It would be nice to have that sort of backing but i will have to wait and see how it goes when they see it this week

Back