1915-Trusty.jpg fdd906e42b7e3721006cc16ff0852907.jpg IMG_0623.JPG

Welcome from Maine, you make my butt hurt, CC in under 50 hrs, really, good for you:)

Maybe you can fill us in on your CC ventures, how and what were the obstacles

Hoopla

Welcome from Maine, you make my butt hurt, CC in under 50 hrs, really, good for you:)

Maybe you can fill us in on your CC ventures, how and what were the obstacles

Hoopla
hey hoopla,, it was a fantastic ride,3 of us made the trip, we rode from Sudbury Ontario down to Jacksonville ,Florida. Our ride started with a visit to the beach in Jacksonville to get a water sample from the Atlantic Ocean and photos. The rules r pretty strict on starting point finishing point and of course time.
Our starting point was Jacksonville Florida and we finished in San Diego california.your form has to be notarized by the police or fire department(recommended) at the starting point. You then ride and ride and ride and ride,,,,,you must keep all your fuel receipts as they are time stamped. You also have to have a motel receipt to show you stopped for a rest. That stop for us happened just past San Antonio Texas. We actually got a 4 hr power snooze in then it was ride ,ride ride again. We reach San Diego in the wee hours of the morning, and we filled up right away to have that time stamped fuel receipt. We couldn't find the fire depart or police folk around at that time so we had the hotel management notarize our form and slept till noon that day. Then went to the beach to get water from the Pacific Ocean and photos. We sent in our paperwork, they calculate the course you took and calculate the speed based on that time line,, if you went too fast you're disqualified,,,they don't want to people racing across the country. I'm glad I did it, don't think I would do it again though,,,it was a tough go. The secret is to stay in the saddle! That's a lot harder than it sounds over that distance.

WELCOME to ya, from WA State!
Since you are an admitted masochist . . .
Can I beat on you just watch you get excited? :eek: :roll: :rolleyes: :p

Back