Here's the story of my "ditch trip".

Rusty, Hope your RFBG is feeling better by now. I know you were sure proud of her, you must have forgotten that " pride comes before the fall". I've got a set of stock pegs I'll let you have if you're in need. take care and ride safe red rocket rider..xhdskip

Thanks again to all who are offering to assist in the resurrection of the RFBG. I'm running with Kuryakn mirrors & the only item I'll need to get the right side mirror back in place is the mounting stud. There is a shop or two in town where I'm certain I can get that. I've used a 5/16-18 UNC bolt for now to hold it in place. Works just fine.

I installed the shield and altered the bracketry orientation a little (from the first time I assembled it) where the chrome mounting plates are now on the "outside" of the black plates. I noticed that some other captain's shield was mounted as such so I took note & made certain mine was assembled properly this time. Everything looks nice & even. All the features are well balanced & centered up. I'll need to do the 100+ mph "search for the stragglers" test to see how she holds together. ZOOOOOM!!

Appreciate all the support everyone!!! See ya.

Good on ya Rusty, don't let a little setback deter from your great spirit. Yes the ole Triumph electrical gremlins bit me not once but twice. Just today coming back from Scot in Exiles neck of the woods for a benefit ride, I had to call the dreaded come and get me I'm not able to start it again. Lights but no cycling of gauges. Checked all fuses, reconnected battery connections. Truck comes with jumper cables and starter box, same result. I accidentally bump the kill switch and I'm cycling like nothing happened.:eek: And just yesterday after covering the bike I went to push the bike over the front of the cover to keep it from flying off and didn't check the kick stand and she went over like a lead balloon. Talk about somebody going ballistic when I decided to go dark it was the dealer and how. No worry, got it on and going very far thanks to 4 dead Metz, all slimed, plugged, and fix-a-flat ted no more.:D

BOB!! You went darkside? Congrats! So I take it from your post that the dealer was not too thrilled with your decision? I'l give you a call . . .:D

Back