I don't know what you have for attachment points on the R but I use a cable type gun lock that came with one of my guns. If you don't have any visit your local police or sheriff and they usually have some to give away. I attach mine to the sissy bar on the R3T.

Gun-Lock.jpg

bob

I have a pair of Helmetsecure locks on my crash bars. They have a 15" cable attached so it goes thru the eye port on my full face helmet.

Yeah, a cable through the viewport on the helmet is the way to go. The strap gets slashed.

If you have a 3/4 helmet or something else (that's not recommended, assuming you like your face and having a jaw, 20%+ of head impacts happen in the chin area in a crash) you can try to lock the helmet strap to something but thieves routinely slash those and walk away with the helmet, as I said. They then shoddily sow on a strap that looks like it's going to do something and sell the helmet...

I like these; they're not very serious deterrents but then again any wire lock can be defeated immediately with normal bolt cutters. These are tiny, easy to carry and will resist your average Leatherman or knife just fine.

ABUS Special Lock Combiflex Pro 202 (52920)

It extends long enough you can also thread it through your jacket should you ever have no choice but to leave it on the bike; I did that during last summer's custom bike show and my jacket was still there when I got back anyway.

I'm currently "investigating" if the Motone shock mount helmet lock will bolt up to the Roadster. I just saw this last night while browsing and thought just maybe it would work with or without modification.

Motone Shock Mount Helmet Lock Triumph Bonneville, Scrambler and Thruxton

Using this picture as an example it would be fairly crowded I suppose. However I really like the idea of the helmet lock being fixed to the bike rather than a separate lock all together. Another option possibly is the Motone lock could be mounted in a different location all together on the Roadster rather than the shock. Of course this type of lock doesn't save the helmet from the strap being slashed but it helps to keep some people honest. If I was going to steal a helmet I would try to avoid cutting the strap because the helmet would be useless.... lol

Last edited:
I'm currently "investigating" if the Motone shock mount helmet lock will bolt up to the Roadster

The problem is that that locks the helmet to the bike via the strap. Which means it takes exactly half a second to defeat if the thief is willing to cut the strap.

The thief is often perfectly willing to cut the strap.

The problem is that that locks the helmet to the bike via the strap. Which means it takes exactly half a second to defeat if the thief is willing to cut the strap.

The thief is often perfectly willing to cut the strap.

Uh.... yeah..... that's why I mentioned that in my post.

Back