Hello from the UK

Just paid my deposit on a R3T I should be picking up in a week or so.

I also ride a BMW R1200GS, Ducati Sport Classic Biposto, Kawasaki ZRX1200, Beta Rev3 trials bike, Honda XL250 motosport and a currently stripped for cafe racer rebuild CB500T.

I am looking forward to the R3T. I have ovwned an America in the past and a Tiger 955i I used for touring in europe. I am getting to the age where I want to be sitting a little closer to the road for a firm planted feeling. The Tiger was a tip toe job except when fully loaded with wife and two weeks worth of knickers.

Also looking forward to hearing what everyone else has to say.

JackC :)
hi jack ... tom wirral merseyside

Hello Tom,
Thanks for saying hello. I have been out and about over the weekend so have done 400 miles. There seems to be few R3 owners locally. Saw two over the weekend. Perhaps it was the Stafford event that pulled them in.

hi jack.

i'm also new with this rocekt III stuff, although i've been secretly lusting for one since they first came out. i drove my pickup through a heavy rainstorm, constant, on the trip to go get it. i was going to ride it home tonight, easter, an easy way to remember it's new birthday to me anyway. the rain was so heavy that i decided, heck with this, i called the guy and am going to pick it up tomorrow in the daytime while the roads are dry. i may ride my honda big ruckus up to get it, 120 miles away. now that's both ends of the motorcycling spectrum huh? a 2300cc monster and a 250cc scooter that pee wee herman would be proud to ride. congratulations on your new bike and i look forward to seeing you in here. this is my second post so i'm a brand new shiny newbee too.

forgot to mention what it is.

the one i'm getting tomorrow is an 08 rocket III classic. i've ridden two of them in years past and was thoroughly impressed with the torque and smoothness of the motor. this one has 3,000 miles on it, so it's like brand new. now my black streetglide can collect dust every other weekend while i'm out riding the rocket.

Back