Southerner

Standard Bore
Hello all.
I'm another R3 wannabee. I will have to replace my beloved PC some day and I expect that pressing it into service as a commuter bike to my current job will accelerate that so I've been casting about for what's next.

I had just about settled on a Harley of some sort for what I consider purely practical reasons but have been turned off by the snobbishness of the culture I keep encountering. That's no reflection on the real values of the bike but I have a strong contrarian streak that sometimes overrides common sense.

I've been doing some study online, including reading some of your very informative threads and it sounds as if the R3 is as reliable as I would want it to be, especially as I am considering a T with minimal mods.

Your threads have answered most of my questions already but one I haven't read is:
If it falls over, can a normal-sized guy pick it up?

If it falls over on a flat surface, I think I could pick it up. I'm 5'11" about 190lbs. The only time I've had a spill was on a crowned road, where the bike ended over the 90 degree mark horizontal. I could get it up off the ground a couple of feet, but could not get it over the center of gravity. Luckily, a couple of fellows came along and helped out.

It is not the heaviest bike, but it sure is not light either.. :)

I might be a bit heavier set but I can pick my girl up easy peasy, all the weight is down low:eek:

I was born in the great state of Alabama, we don't drop bikes do we................? If we did, Southern pride would prevent us from tellin' folks. Welcome.

Welcome from Downunder. There are 3 techniques.
1. Do it immediately and as quickly as you can while the adrenalin (from embarrassment) is still there.
2. Take your time and do it the way shown in the video.
3. Don't drop it.

If you're prepared to take your chances with the size of these things, your contrarian streak will mean a Rocket is the perfect machine for you.

Pardon my ignorance but what's your "beloved PC"?

welcome

hello and welcome from another newby fron central alabama.just got my 2006 r3 abour 3 months ago and so far loving it.had a goldwing but the raw power and torque from the r3 is amazing.
give me a yell when you get yours maybe we could ride sometime.

If I can pick one up surely you being a man can do it. I know I dropped rainmans when he was at work trying to take it out of the house and to the shop one day and I picked his up. Just back up to it and walk it backwards upright. Nothing to it. So what Ime saying is go buy ya one.if ya drop it and can't pick it up call and I will help ya . :) :) :)

Back