SteveG said:
I should probably mention that I've already spent 1/2 my life savings on a helmet, a Triumph jacket, a couple of t-shirts, gloves, boots, helmet lock (why doesn't Triumph supply that stock?), a small sissy bar with luggage rack, a backpack, a bike cover, and a disk lock.

At my 500 mile maintenance I'm going to splurge for the alarm/immobiliser - and I'm also going to get them to try to adjust the low-fuel indicator, which behaves as foretold by other owners by showing on after only 3 gallons are used up. I'll probably upgrade the horn as well. I have read here in the forum and elsewhere about replacing the rear shocks, but I don't deserve them yet since I'm driving like a sissy for now.

I'm here in Los Angeles (I live on the West side and work downtown) where the temp has been nauseatingly hot for months. I'm more than tempted to get some riding pants or chaps, to wear over regular pants, but I don't want to get heat stroke. Also, work demands "business casual". If anyone has a suggestion I'd appreciate it.

BTW, I was intending to get a red one, but the Cerulean Blue was on display at the same price and that was that. How come I haven't seen any other RIII's yet?

Steve,

You ask why doesn't Triumph supply that, aka helmet lock? I wondered the same but realized Triumph supplied us with the difficult, namely, speed and maneuverability, on a stable frame. They did the hard part so it's up to us to do the rest!;)

Why no other R3's? They're out there but look real blurry.:D Lot's of fellow riders in Cal but low production numbers(introduced in the states in 2005) can make it tough to spot in populations over a million. This ain't no HD or Goldwing......:eek: ;)

Yea SteveG,like you I had no stuff either and had to get a helmet,jacket and gloves.They threw in the pack.But working for the mighty PG&E your credit should be sterling:roll:By the way,if you happen to see a cherry 1970 Trophy riding around,it used to be mine,steal it back for me will ya?I feel for you and the LA heat but its got to be better than being in the Valley.Just wet down before you go.Sure dont miss that traffic,24hrs a day but you got those hills to play in and PCH too.You check the Rock shop for the other Rockets?

Steve:

Be very careful with that disc lock. There have been a few guys who have forgotten about the lock and drove away. With the R3, I imagine you'll just rip the spyder from the hub and that would be a very expensive lesson. I think I'd just get a Kryptonite cable lock and lock the front and rear wheel together, or, just make sure your policy is paid up and be careful where you park it.

Mine never gets out of my sight. It's either in my shop on the farm, at my day job in a fenced locked parking area or if I'm out somewhere, within sight.

Reply to Baggage1

Baggage1 said:
Yea SteveG,like you I had no stuff either and had to get a helmet,jacket and gloves.They threw in the pack.But working for the mighty PG&E your credit should be sterling:roll:By the way,if you happen to see a cherry 1970 Trophy riding around,it used to be mine,steal it back for me will ya?I feel for you and the LA heat but its got to be better than being in the Valley.Just wet down before you go.Sure dont miss that traffic,24hrs a day but you got those hills to play in and PCH too.You check the Rock shop for the other Rockets?

Hey...I work for the Gas Co. PG&E is a competitor!

No Rock Store until I'm a little more confidant. But when I do get there I'll say "hi" to Jay L and Tom C. for you :rolleyes: I understand they both have RIII's.

:) There just doesn't seem to be an end to what you can do to this big beast and buy for yourself...shocks (front and rear)...pipes..cat bypass pipe..handelbars..windscreens..horns...car vx. bike tire...Unifilters...K & N's...bags...different seats..heated hand grips.....all the Triumph coats (leather and mesh)..hats...and shirts....polishes...cleaners..micro fiber cloths....leather pants...overpants for touring..rain suit...boots...lots of gloves....a couple of helmets..and of course Tuneboy for a sharp running bike and an accurate speedometer...beware the odometer will run 8% slow though...did I forget the Rivco risers...boards...and boards for the rear passenger too...Triumph sissy bar...maybe even Valkerie handlebars to go with the Rivco risers to make the ride even more user friendly...How about the new carbon fiber accessories coming out? Last but not least don't leave home without that Alaskan fleece or Air Hawk cushion...Am I done yet?

jefff1 said:
:) There just doesn't seem to be an end to what you can do to this big beast and buy for yourself...shocks (front and rear)...pipes..cat bypass pipe..handelbars..windscreens..horns...car vx. bike tire...Unifilters...K & N's...bags...different seats..heated hand grips.....all the Triumph coats (leather and mesh)..hats...and shirts....polishes...cleaners..micro fiber cloths....leather pants...overpants for touring..rain suit...boots...lots of gloves....a couple of helmets..and of course Tuneboy for a sharp running bike and an accurate speedometer...beware the odometer will run 8% slow though...did I forget the Rivco risers...boards...and boards for the rear passenger too...Triumph sissy bar...maybe even Valkerie handlebars to go with the Rivco risers to make the ride even more user friendly...How about the new carbon fiber accessories coming out? Last but not least don't leave home without that Alaskan fleece or Air Hawk cushion...Am I done yet?

I sure hope you're done cuz I'm dead broke!:eek: :D

Back