Headlight adjustment

snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Well I tried to adjust my headlights according to an article that I read. First you measure the center of headlight from the ground and draw a line on a wall at that height and have the lights 25' from the wall. Then draw another line 2" below the first line. The low beam should shine on the lower mark with the top of the cut off line of the lights. The high beam should hit the upper mark with the top of the cut off line. To get the low beams where they should be the bracket is bottomed out. This puts the high beams way above their mark. In fact to get high beams where they "should" be according to this "how to" article the low beams would be in the dirt. I don't see any way around this adjustment delima since the low/ high beams are in the same bucket and not independant of one another. Has anybody else come across this problem?
P.S. The Adjure lights do put out a much nicer/brighter light pattern.

We do them that way but never heard of the high beam as you mention. When low is adjusted the high is right-on. Must have aimed 100 bikes that way with no issues. Try aiming the low only at the 2" drop line and see how it does.

Back