Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom Review

That's not what I read:
"...a lot of fun and guess what- I wouln't mind owning one. And that my friends, is a great revelation to me."

Me, I wouldn't trade my Rocket for two of them.

I think the Road Glide is a wonderful bike. I had one for a while and even toy with the idea of getting another one from time to time. Hydraulic lifters mean no shims to replace, shoot.. it was basically change the oil and ride.. Have to check the primary chain every great, great once in a while, but even that is self adjusting now days... I had had Triumphs before the Road Glide and had been eyeing the Rocket ever since I saw the first concept drawings.. and I missed my passing power!.. So, after stopping with my wife at ever Triumph dealer we came across, she finally said go ahead and get one.. So I sold the Road Glide and got my Rocket..

The Rocket III Is The Coolest of the Cool - Not Like the Cookie Cutter Harley's, They allmost all Look the same and are annoying loud ! But One Thing that the RocketIII does need is a Hydraulic Clutch ! My VMax has one and so does the VRod . Triumph needs to Fix This !

Triumph did fix this with the first Hinkley Triumphs. All of the early triples and fours had hydraulic clutches. I believe the Bonneville was the first Hinkley Triumph with a cable operated clutch. I don't know why they went away from it, but I haven't had any problems with my clutch cable so far..

What the Rocket should have came with was hydraulic valve shims or lifters.. that is my biggest gripe.. lol.

...But One Thing that the RocketIII does need is a Hydraulic Clutch ! My VMax has one and so does the VRod . Triumph needs to Fix This !

I'm not keen on a hydraulic actuated clutch for a couple reasons, the primary one is adjustability. A cable clutch actuation is both easier to adjust and easier to maintain. Hydraulic clutches typically use some sort of hudraulic fluid or brake fluid for the actuation medium and that can become contaminated. Finally, it's a whole lot easier and much cheaper to replace a worn cable than it is to replace a master and slave unit on a hydraulic clutch and with the proper mechanical advantage engineered in, the mechanical clutch requires no more actuation effort than a hydraulic one.

Back