Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom Review

I agree about the paint and will add chrome to that as well, although I think Triumph does a good job with Chrome. I still had my Street Bob when I got my R3T and a lot of my friends ride Harleys. Triumph's chrome is right there with them, IMO.

My R3T had self-canceling signals and my T-Bird also has them. I *think* those are the only 2 Triumph models that do, however.

HD vs R3T

My R3T gearbox is smoother than my neighbors brand new 2010 Street Glide. He conceded to me on that one. Wind protection is the Street Glide hands down. Handling, braking & acceleration go to the R3T in a walk. If I could morph anything from the HD onto my T, it would be the controls including the extra sweet Cruise Control. Comfort is a personal thing so that's a toss-up. Of course the biggest difference is that I had to give up my "cool" badge when I bought the Triumph. I not a really cool outlaw pony tail tattoo type person on my Triumph. I am just no longer awesome. Oh well......I'll have to settle for more reliable, much quicker, a bunch faster, and smoother in the saddle. :cool:

Hey!!

No offence, but we arent all kids, following the herd.. There is a Steve McQueen coolness thing about Triumph that Harley could never buy..

"Go your own way".

Takes a man to stand up for something different and be comfortable to do his own thing.

Way cooler.

(Brian to crowd) - "You are all individuals"
(Crowd to Brian, in unison) "Yes, we are all individuals.." (Life of Brian)..

It takes even a more real man to wear a Paul Stanley signature jumpsuit whilst riding his Triumph.

*Proudly puffs out chest exposing Paul Stanley signature chestwig*

Daryl, I'm not going to be able to keep covering for you if you keep "popping" out of the box like that with that chest wig and all.

Dennis

70 dtg Dubai
71 dtg Home

Coolness

The Rocket is way cooler than any Harley and it does this by being more exclusive :cool:
There are always a good few Harleys in and around London..but rockets are few and
far between. Having owned several Harleys over many years..i have found that the
rocket gets more attention than the harleys ever did.
I understand that a british bike in it's country of manufacture will get peoples attention
and the fact that it's 2300cc also helps.
But it's biggest draw is the fact that you don't see many and in my book gentlemen..
makes this unique bike of ours cool ;)

I think Harley's are still the nicest looking bikes found dead on the side of the road! Three peice pressed crankshafts........no thanks.... ;)
bcbatman

Back