PianoMan

Nitrous
I wanted to wish each of you and your families a Happy Thanksgiving. I've got so much to be thankful for like the old saying goes, " I was sad because I had no shoes....
until I saw a man with no feet".

Here's a few of my favorite recipes that are quick and easy to prepare.
( Next thing you know..... I'll be starting a quilting club in K.C.)

ARTICHOKE DIP​
2 cans of artichoke hearts (drained and chopped finely)
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
1 8 oz container Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tsp lemon juice
¼ cup finely chopped finely
Dash of garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste

Heat oven to 350 degrees. When mixing all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, be sure to add the cheese in 2 oz increments for a more even blending. Spread in a pie pan or casserole dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Serve warm with dip sized Fritos or your favorite dipping item. When cooled, simply reheat in microwave or oven.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wild Rice
1 ¾ cups raw wild rice
2 lbs ground round
1 lb sliced mushrooms
1 cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped celery
¼ cup slivered almonds ( I like a little more)
2 cups sour cream
½ cup soy sauce
1 tbs salt
¼ tbs ground pepper
½ cup butter

1Cook and drain rice (about 50 minutes)
2Brown meat and set aside
3Saute’ onion and celery for 10 minutes
4Mix sour cream, soy sauce, salt and pepper
5Toss all ingredients together
6Bake in open dish at 350 for about 1 hour ( stir often)

Pianoman and everyone else.....

Here is wishing all of you a pleasant Thanksgiving and a peaceful after Thanksgiving when you allow your over-indulgemce to settle down while at the same time adjusting you belt one or two notches outward.

Dave; m I know you like food and honestly, so do I. Just not turkey. I prefer roast duck, ham or rack chops with cranberry relish (mint if rack chops) and a slice of hot apple pie topped with Pierre's French Vanilla for desert.

Amy and I are heading to Banjo Bart's place where the family will meet for dinner and then the usual after dinner jaw session. Hopefully, the weather won't turn too bad before we get home. The (NWS) is predicting icing conditions here and I see a possibility of accumulating snow for your area. (I'm not too worried). I'm supposed to be a professional driver, I think.

Looks like we are heading into a rather cool stretch not uncommon for November. I'll be spending quite a bit of time in front of the corn stove with my laptop just as I'm doing right now.

Heat oven to 350? That simple?

Come on! Haven't you aftercooled the fireplace? Tuneboy'ed the stove up? Used Flip's clamps to hold the turkey in place? Used chrome-plated pans ? Provided carbon fiber cutlery?

At least a message I could understand. Thanks Pianoman and a merry thanksgiving to all:)

I wanted to wish each of you and your families a Happy Thanksgiving. I've got so much to be thankful for like the old saying goes, " I was sad because I had no shoes....
until I saw a man with no feet".
Here's a few of my favorite recipes that are quick and easy to prepare.
( Next thing you know..... I'll be starting a quilting club in K.C.)
ARTICHOKE DIP​
2 cans of artichoke hearts (drained and chopped finely)
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
1 8 oz container Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tsp lemon juice
¼ cup finely chopped finely
Dash of garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 350 degrees. When mixing all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, be sure to add the cheese in 2 oz increments for a more even blending. Spread in a pie pan or casserole dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Serve warm with dip sized Fritos or your favorite dipping item. When cooled, simply reheat in microwave or oven.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wild Rice
1 ¾ cups raw wild rice
2 lbs ground round
1 lb sliced mushrooms
1 cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped celery
¼ cup slivered almonds ( I like a little more)
2 cups sour cream
½ cup soy sauce
1 tbs salt
¼ tbs ground pepper
½ cup butter
1Cook and drain rice (about 50 minutes)
2Brown meat and set aside
3Saute’ onion and celery for 10 minutes
4Mix sour cream, soy sauce, salt and pepper
5Toss all ingredients together
6Bake in open dish at 350 for about 1 hour ( stir often)
Pianoman and everyone else.....
Here is wishing all of you a pleasant Thanksgiving and a peaceful after Thanksgiving when you allow your over-indulgemce to settle down while at the same time adjusting you belt one or two notches outward.
Dave; m I know you like food and honestly, so do I. Just not turkey. I prefer roast duck, am or rack chops with cranberry relish (mint if rack chops) and a slice of hot apple pie topped with Pierre's French Vanilla for desert.
Amy and I are heading to Banjo Bart's place where the family will meet for dinner and then the usual after dinner jaw session. Hopefully, the weather won't turn too bad before we get home. The (NWS) is predicting icing conditions here and I see a possibility of accumulating snow for your area. (I'm not too worried). I'm supposed to be a professional driver, I think.
Looks like we are heading into a rather cool stretch not uncommon for November. I'll be spending quite a bit of time in front of the corn stove with my laptop just as I'm doing right now.

Happy Turkey Day to all you Turkeys!!

I've a simple wild rice recipe:
And heavy on the Almonds.
Campbells cheese soup !/2 can.
mix as suggested for full can.
Broccoli flowerettes. as many as you like.
Sliced muchrooms. the canned ones will do. and as much as you like.
And as much Wild Rice as you can eat in a week of bags lunches at work.
Toss in anything that strikes your fancy, in moderation.

Bake untll you like the it.

Happy is what life is suppose to be. Don't be blue.
Happy Thanks Giving. That's two words. Ok, thats three :D

Did I mention heavy o the almonds...to taste and desire.

Last edited:
IT is 70 degrees here this afternoon and supposed to be about the same on T-Day. I'll have to give Al Gore a call to see if he wants have Turkey and discuss this Global Warming issue. To all my R3net friends and their families, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Damit PM, that artichoke dip will make the ole' lady wet. :O She LOVES artichokes.

Britman, AlGore is so heavily invested in carbon credits market, that he'll Blow U before changing his tune.

Last edited:
A toast...Here's to some of the best friends I've never met, Happy Thanksgiving My recipe calls for a chair, table and some hardware. Let's eat!

Last edited:
Back