Greetings from Virgina, USA

suthern_yankee

.020 Over
Hey All,

Just wanted to drop in do some intros. I am a proud owner of a new 2006 Red Rocket III. I have about 800 miles on it, and have done a few modifications. I have installed the low drag bars from newr3.com along with quite a few chrome parts and accessories. I just moved to Virginia last weekend, and discovered today that I picked up a nail in my rear tire. A nice 3" framing nail none the less !!! Oh well the grass is green the sky is blue and **** happens. So now I am online looking for a new Metzler rear tire. Such is life right? Anyway great to meet everyone and I am enjoying reviewing the forums. Safe riding all. S_Yankee.

Welcome

Glad to have you aboard, sorry to hear about the nail welcoming you to Virginia and hope you get a good price on the tire. I was born in Virginia, sorry you had to move there, being a commonwealth, there will be more that a few hands trying to get in your pockets for higher insurance, taxes and fees...enjoy. Hopefully, it has changed since I was last there (1985).
Anyway, hope you are back on the Rocket soon and riding your way to happiness.
Dennis
7 dtg!

Is it just me... or do Metzlers attract nails? They probably have a magnetic steel belt.

Anyway ... welcome to our forum S Yankee!!!

Tomo

Hey Confused.... sorry... S-Yank

You might try our local favorites for mail-order Metzlers...
http://www.americanmototire.com/

If any of those Virginia yahoos give you any grief just tell'm that you're...

"Northern by birth, and Southern by the grace of God"

and then blow their doors off:bch:

Hey Everyone, thanks for the warm greetings. I think I am going to order my tire from the online vendor you recommended. Seems like the best choice available to me. I will post pics of my bike in a few days... once she's back on two wheels.

Take Care,
SYankee

Welcome Yankee

Glad to have you with us Yank. Always glad to have another Virginian aboard, even though you are transplant. This is a great site for info and a laugh or two. Let me know if you get close to my area, always a cold beer in the garage frig and R/3 parking is free.

Appreciate the offer Britman, I see that you have caption of supercharged. Does that mean that you have mod to the Rocket III that's over the top? haha. Ride safe.
S_Yank